We have exciting opportunities for approachable, driven and enthusiastic Support Workers and Care Assistants to join the team on a full time, part time or zero hour (bank) basis. No experience required!
Position: Support Worker / Care Assistant
Salary: £13,939.45 - £19,568 per annum (£8.91 - £10.14 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 30 and 37 per week, part time and full time considered, the service operates seven days a week and covers various shifts over a 24 hour period. All successful candidates must be able to work on a rota basis including weekends and bank holidays. A bonus is paid for waking nights and an allowance is paid for sleep-ins.
Closing Date: Thursday 29 July 2021
Interviews will be arranged on an ongoing basis
About the role of Support Worker:
Watcombe Circus is a Registered Care Home in Carrington, Nottingham that provides person-centred support for men and women who have a learning disability, and other associated support needs including: mental health, dementia and challenging behaviour. There are currently 11 adults living at Watcombe and the team actively support them to lead meaningful lives.
“Watcombe is a home from home environment, we work together as a team to support our fantastic residents and I always feel supported” – Current colleague
On a typical day you will be ensuring residents are exercising choice and control over their day to day lives, in particular making sure they are able to live as independently as possible. For example, helping them to cook and clean. It is essential you are comfortable with providing personal care. Other duties of your role will involve helping residents to maintain relationships with others, providing emotional support, giving them confidence and encouragement to join in social activities. You will be required to administer medication and devise and implement support plans around medication and personal care e.g. health and hygiene.
As a Support Worker / Care Assistant you will be a great team player who is keen to learn with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Although care experience is beneficial, it is not essential as you will be provided with all the free training and support that you require. As you will be an advocate for the individuals you are supporting, all you need is to be reliable and passionate about improving the lives of others.
Please note that due to the needs of the individuals, there may be an element of moving and handling involved in the role; as such, you will need to be willing and able to undertake these duties. All successful candidates will be required to take a numerical and literacy test prior to the interview.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Free paid training
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available
- Opportunities to join several networking and support groups e.g. LGBT Ally, BAME Network, become a diverse champion etc.
- Automatic pay increments every April following successful completion of probationary period
- Opportunities to attend colleague social events.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.