Digital Resourcing Partner - 18 Month Fixed Term
Birmingham, Leeds, Swansea
About the job Summary
Digital Resourcing Partner - 18 Month Fixed Term
Location: Swansea, Birmingham or Leeds
Reporting to: Digital & Rail Resourcing Delivery Manager
Are you passionate about recruitment and looking for your next challenge?
Do you want a varied and exciting role providing a top class candidate experience?
Are you someone who has outstanding resourcing skills and enjoys working with multiple stakeholders?
If so we’d love to hear from you!
The Department for Transport (DfT) Digital Resourcing Team (DRT), is a specialist resourcing team supporting the central department and DfT's executive agencies with their digital recruitment requirements. We use our expertise to drive, navigate and steer our managers and candidates through the recruitment journey, delivering an excellent experience to both parties.
This is a rare opportunity to join the Digital Team and be one of our specialist Resourcing Partners. You will work very closely with our vacancy holders to provide a professional and effective recruitment service that exceeds business needs and expectations. Due to the nature of the digital market, we use multiple methods to ensure we source the best candidates for the vacancy. This is includes creating engaging adverts, utilising external media such as job boards, using LinkedIn for networking and generally creating the most effective strategy. You will effectively own the process end to end which also includes ensuring the interviews and assessments are fair and compliant.
Include but are not limited too:
• Take full responsibility for the life cycle of the campaign, using appropriate methods to facilitate the effective process and delivery of each.
• Proactively ensure that business needs are identified and work with the team to determine and deliver effective recruitment strategies.
• Discuss vacancy requirements, action points during the recruitment process give guidance throughout the campaign.
• Pre-empt and identify any candidate market issues, identify the solution and flag to the Senior Resourcing Partner and hiring manager.
• Actively source through appropriate channels for both passive and active candidate communities when needed.
• Effective management of your vacancies through our bespoke CRM system (Salesforce) and Management of candidates through our ATS.
• Provide knowledge and support to candidates throughout the application process.
• Where necessary provide your hiring managers with interview support, this can be candidate greetings, document management or sitting in on a panel for a series of interviews.
• Engage with our external service providers to arrange things such as branded advertising, mail shots, blogs and video content.
As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working in a fast and dynamic resourcing environment. You will be a hands-on recruitment expert, who possess exceptional interpersonal skills and can demonstrate a high level of senior stakeholder management. You will need to have experience of managing a recruitment process from start to finish and have actively sourced for hard to fill roles.
The DRT is an excellent team and no two days are the same, so how you deliver the recruitment will largely be down to you to manage. Although we specialise in Digital vacancies, we do work across the wider DfT providing expert support on hard to fill roles.
We are different people, one team
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
- Managing a Quality Service
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
Find out more about what it's like working at the Department for Transport
Things you need to know Security
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Experience.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
How to Apply
When applying please demonstrate and evidence the essential criteria in your CV and Personal Statement
• Considerable experience of working in recruitment, with good knowledge and understanding of attraction, application, sifting and selection tools and processes.
• Evidence of planning/scoping and running complex recruitment projects including candidate management and selection.
• Evidence of using multiple methods of candidate sourcing.
• Ability to engage effectively with senior leaders, having the confidence to provide advice and guidance.
Sift & Interview Dates
The sift is due to take place w/c 19th July
Interviews are due to take place w/c?26th July
This interview could be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment could include:
• An Interview or An interview and a technical exercise (eg presentation, written, or coding exercise etc)
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
The Department for Transport alongside other Government Departments recruit using Success Profiles. This means for each role we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
For further information on Success Profiles visit our Careers website
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants Job contact : Name : Rhod Kingdom Email : email@example.com Recruitment team : Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Further information
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: email@example.com If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission