IT Contract Lead - Flexible Working Available
About the job
We welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce. We pride ourselves on the positive impact diversity has and promote inclusivity and equality of opportunity for all.
IT Contract Lead
Do you love working with a diverse range of people at all levels?
Are you a confident communicator with excellent written and verbal skills?
Would you like to work in an environment where every day brings a new challenge?
If so, we are looking for an IT Contract Lead to join us at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), and we'd love to hear from you!
DVLA currently have an opportunity within our IT Controls Capability for the role of IT Contract Lead. As Part of Information Technology Services (ITS), IT Controls is at the core of the Department, providing centralised services to ITS which support the business in meeting its objectives and enabling service delivery. The IT Contract Lead is responsible for the provision and management of ITS IT contracts to aid the delivery of an efficient and comprehensive, supplier and third-party engagement and management service for ITS.
The role reports to the IT Controls Supplier Manager, taking ownership for IT Supplier Management and would contribute to the effective running of the team, covering for peers and deputising for the Supplier Manager as and when appropriate.
You will work with numerous stakeholders across the Agency as well as externally, providing the opportunity to gain experience in a wide range of areas and build diverse relationships outwards. The role allows you to work autonomously and make effective decisions, managing escalations, facilitating discussions with internal and external stakeholders and attending regular meetings with Cabinet Office, Government Digital Service and Department for Transport to provide informative updates on the ITS contract pipeline.
Would you like to find out more about the role, the digital team and what it’s like to work at DVLA? If so, we are organising a familiarisation session where you can virtually 'meet the team' on Monday 26th July 2021 at 10am.
Please click here to book on.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
• To lead a team of Contract Owners (CO) responsible for tracking, managing and providing administrative support for DVLA third Party IT Supplier contracts (total contracts value of £120m).
• To lead and handle effective communications between owned business area, IT Controls Finance, Suppliers and internal /external stakeholders to ensure all relevant parties have opportunities to discuss contract activity in an open and transparent environment.
• To act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Process Owner and provide advice on IT contracts, ensuring ITS remains commercially compliant, conforms to the necessary governance approval and processes and ensures that the performance and deliverables of the suppliers are adding value.
• To be responsible for managing IT contract renewals; proactively engaging with Commercial Advisors, contract owners and technical leads to ensure requirements are captured and approvals sought in sufficient time to meet deadlines.
For a full list of responsibilities, please refer to the Role Profile.
We are looking for a pro-active leader with experience of procurement, contract management and a commercial awareness. You will possess strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to influence across all grades, inside and outside the organisation.
You will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills and be highly organised. You will be an effective decision maker and thrive leading a varied and exciting workload, welcoming autonomy to your role. You will need good judgement and an understanding of your own authority to identify when risks and issues require further escalation and should come with line management experience.
Working for the DVLA Digital Team
At DVLA our work matters. We’re at the forefront of digital within government, providing new and improved services that are reliable, easy to use and offer value for money for our customers. With over 49 million driver records and over 40 million vehicle records, the opportunity to work at this scale is unrivalled across the region. Our services generate billions in revenue and make a difference to the lives of 9 out of 10 households in the UK.
If you would like to read more about the great opportunities with the DVLA Digital Team then click here
Our people are transforming our digital services, head over to our DVLA Digital Services Blog to read about what we have been up to.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- SFIA Framework - Relationship Management (RLMT) Level 5
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
• We encourage a great work-life balance
• Best in class Learning & Development
• Digital communities
• Generous salary and pension
• On-site gym plus personal training
• On-site nursery, restaurants and coffee bar
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing by 1 each year (up to 30) & 1 extra day for the Queen’s birthday
• Range of staff groups to support all our colleagues
• Free parking
• Buy and sell annual leave
To find out more about the great opportunities and benefits of working at DVLA, click here or read our blogs .
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details
This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours, Experience and Technical skills.
We are closely monitoring the situation regarding the coronavirus, and will be following central Government advice as it is issued. There is therefore a risk that recruitment to this post may be subject to change at short notice. In addition, where appropriate, you may be invited to attend a video interview.
Please continue to follow the application process as normal and ensure that you check your emails regularly as all updates from us will be sent to you this way.
As part of the application process you will be asked to complete a CV and personal statement. Further details around what this will entail are listed on the application form.
How to Apply
For your CV and personal statement, please provide detailed evidence of your experience of the following:
• Experience of procurement, contract management and a commercial awareness
• Experience of establishing and developing strong stakeholder relationships in order to deliver business outcomes.
• Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing.
The sift is due to take place between 3rd and 4th August 2021.
Interviews will be held week commencing 16th August 2021.
This interview will be conducted via a video interview, details of which will be provided to you should you be selected for interview.
We will try to meet the dates set out in the advert. There may be occasions when these dates will change. You will be provided with sufficient notice of the confirmed dates.
DVLA are following government guidelines and the majority of IT staff are currently working from home. This is likely to continue until mid to end 2021, this however is under continuous review. Once it is possible to do so the current expectation is that IT staff will be located in the Swansea office to allow for ongoing support, development and collaboration with colleagues.
Please note that any part of the Job Profile could be tested at sift/interview.
If invited to interview, this may consist of a range of question types. These could include questions around behaviours and how you would respond in any situation as well as specific examples of things you have done.
The selection process will be designed specifically for the role. As a result, your assessment will include:
• an interview
You’re encouraged to become familiar with the role profile, as you may be assessed against any of the criteria recorded within.
The Department for Transport alongside other Government Departments recruit using Success Profiles. This means for each role we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
For further information on Success Profiles visit our Careers website.
If you are experiencing accessibility problems with any attachments on this advert, please contact the email address in the 'Contact point for applicants' section
To learn more about applying for a role within the Department for Transport, visit the Application Process page of our Careers website.
Before submitting your application, we encourage you to visit our Things You Need to Know page for further information about applying for a role within the Department for Transport and the Civil Service.
Throughout this job advert there are links to the DfT Careers website, which provides you further information to support your application. Should you be unable to access the information on our website, please email DRGComms@dft.gov.uk for assistance.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is broadly open to the following groups:
- UK nationals
- nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK
- nationals of the Republic of Ireland
- nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with settled or pre-settled status or who apply for either status by the deadline of the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service
- relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service
- certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals
Working for the Civil Service
The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants Job contact : Name : ITS Recruitment Email : ITSRecruitment@dvla.gov.uk Recruitment team : Email : email@example.com Further information
If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Recruitment Principles and you wish to make a complaint, in the first instance, you should contact Government Recruitment Services via email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Department, you can contact the Civil Service Commission: Click here (https://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/) to visit Civil Service Commission
Attachments Role Profile Opens in new window(pdf, 174kB) Candidate Guidance for CV and Personal Statement Opens in new window(pdf, 405kB) Candidate Notes Opens in new window(pdf, 823kB) SFIA V6 framework-reference Opens in new window(pdf, 557kB)