Hire Desk Assistant - Site Solutions - Part Time & Home Working Available
Hire Desk Assistant / Administrator - Site Solutions
Part-Time / 4 days a week
Select Plant Hire Company Limited is part of Laing O'Rourke Plc, the major national construction and civil engineering company. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Hire Desk Assistant with previous relevant experience if possible.
The purpose of this role is to develop and maintain the relevant product areas of the location. It is expected that the candidate is capable of increasing efficiencies across their work load and ensure orders are met in a timely manner. They will be responsible for product area development with new products and engaging with external customers where appropriate to increase revenue.
What will you be doing?
- To process the supply of products in an accurate and timely manner
- Advise site personnel with guidance on equipment required
- To be the main point of call for any queries (breakdowns / exchanges etc)
- Organise and plan administrative workloads to provide an effective service
- To review asset availability and ensure that it is utilised to its maximum potential.
- Action off hire requests from site for stocked and rehired equipment in a accurate and timely manner
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory requirements. Ie: H&S and environmental issues
- In conjunction with the purchase ledger team resolve supplier invoice queries
- In conjunction with the Customer Service team resolve Customer queries
- Provide pricing (where appropriate), availability and schedule information to the customer
- Ensure that a Safety First culture is promoted and maintained
- Build an excellent product knowledge to allow customer requirements to be fulfilled and ensuring repeat orders
You will be able to plan and coordinate in order to meet and exceed client requirements, have strong IT skills and have a genuine interest in providing excellent customer service.
You will also have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate workloads.
You will have a diplomatic yet tenacious approach in order to generate and maintain suitable working relationships and have a good operational knowledge of the business and have experience in this field.
- Previous Customer Service experience within a large organisation
- A good understanding of the COINS infrastructure and its functions
- To have a basic understanding of the financial and commercial side of the business
- Knowledge of other product areas provided by the organisation
- Previous plant hire experience
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Apply now or check out more about us at http://www.laingorourke.com/responsibility. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.