Accountant – Maternity Cover Role
WE ARE TYLER CAPITAL
We are a close community of diverse but like-minded people who enjoy solving hard problems and creating amazing things together. We thrive on doing things differently, challenging our competitive industry with novel approaches and first class intelligence. We keep things human here; we are one unified team aiming for greatness, and we hate bureaucracy. We’ve been this way since 2003. We are proud to declare that we are a market leader in our space. Our job is to remain so in the future.
We are not for everyone. A lot of companies talk about “fit”. We live it. We will never hire someone if they do not fit within our community, even if they have all the skill and experience we need. Our people are Tyler Capital so we are protective of each other and the environment we create. However, those that are right for us can expect to be welcomed to an amazing team with open arms, enjoying a flexible and dynamic work environment where you’ll only ever be asked to be yourself. Your ideas count, insights are shared openly and failing is OK. What matters to us is the work you do rather than the hours you work. We are students of the future, pioneering ways of creating extreme value and challenging conventional wisdom all the time.
What we “do” is trade the markets. What’s really cool is how we do this. We are at the forefront of adaptive learning and cutting edge technology. We are building deeply automated systems, using some of the most sophisticated machine learning techniques in the world. Some people in our industry think we are crazy for this approach; we think they are redundant. We want to surround ourselves with people who share our values, and our love for machine learning. We are as friendly as we are fierce in our determination to compete in the markets in this particular way. We are proud of our ability to produce consistently high returns and our commitment to sharing the treasure we generate with everyone at Tyler.
You will work alongside highly credible developers and traders, solving interesting problems within a cross-disciplined team. You will use your talents each day on something meaningful, we promise. We aren’t just looking to develop your career; rather we look to develop you and your potential. You will be challenged, you will learn and you will grow.
Our vision is to be a home to limitless opportunity, creating new ways to trade any market, anywhere. If you dare to dream and are ready to join a conspiracy for greatness, then we want to talk.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We have a great opportunity for an Accountant to support the business for a period of maternity cover, starting September 2021. Flexible working times and working from home arrangements are supported and open to negotiation.
This role will be primarily responsible for supporting the Chief Financial Officer. You’ll have the opportunity to apply your accounting excellence, enthusiasm and team working skills to create, extend and improve processes and tools that have a significant and real impact on Tyler Capital’s future. There will also be some overlap with HR with involvement in payroll pensions. We pride ourselves in maintaining social capital through continuous community engagement and hence there is scope to assist in organising community events.
KEY ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare company annual statutory accounts
- Responsibilty for UK tax returns (including computation and quarterly payments)
- Coordinate R&D claim for tax returns
- Coordination of annual audit
- Cash management
- Back office processes including revenue calculations and FX hedging
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Participate in annual budget process and ongoing monthly monitoring
- Maintain regular contact with HMRC, tax advisors and auditors
- Assisting with payroll and pensions
- Maintaining Company Share Register and Companies House admin
- Intelligent and highly analytical
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Positive mentality and approach, proactive, shows initiative
- Knowledge and interest in the best accounting practices
- Excellent written communication
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong understanding of accounting journals, double entry bookkeeping and processes (we use Sage 200 but knowledge of accounting systems is not essential as we can provide training)
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships at all levels
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of financial analysis
- Ability to provide clear concise reports for senior management in a timely manner
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter with high energy, motivation, a commitment to excellence and positive approach to market challenges
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Ability to articulate and translate ideas into audience appropriate communication
- Strong organizational skills
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience either within a company finance department or accountancy firm
- Strong academic background: minimum 2:1 Bachelors degree in Maths, Economics, Business Management, Finance or other related subject
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Annual total compensation review (including potential cash bonus)
- Generous, portable contributory pension scheme with Aegon, company contributions rising to 7%;
- Private health insurance, family members can be paid for by employee;
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Annual Learning Allowance
- Flexible working hours / opportunity to work from home if required;
- 30 days annual leave
- Maternity and Paternity benefits
- Life Assurance/Death in Service
Any offer of employment is conditional upon receipt of satisfactory references and pre-employment screening checks.