Health Advisor - Call Taker (111/999)
Permanent - Part Time –- Morning/Evening’s and have a more flexible working rota around your family commitments – Accepting applications from this advert for this rota only with a start date of early October 2021.
Location: Newburn / Hebburn
Salary: £19,737 to £21,142 pa (pro-rata)
- 4-5 shifts per week no more than 5 hours in length
- Monday – Friday only
- You chose your contracted hours, 16, 18 or 20 hours per week but you must be available in both the ‘morning’ slot and the ‘evening’ slot on any day of the week. This is to ensure that – for example – if you were to be allocated the evening slot on a Monday you could still be allocated the morning slot on a Tuesday.
As a 24/7/365 service please be aware that if your working day falls on a bank holiday or over Christmas you will be expected to work.
So do you want to join our army of life savers?
We are looking for people with excellent listening skills, questioning and problem solving ability in order to carefully assess patient needs under significant pressurised circumstances. It is a very rewarding role, and you will be challenged by facing different situations every shift. While not every call we deal with is a life threatening emergency, our Health Advisors triage calls through a medical assessment tool and advise of the most appropriate level of care for the patient. This could range from an ambulance, a GP appointment, or a dentist as well as many other health care options. You don’t need to have any medical knowledge as full training will be provided.
Benefits and what we can offer you:
- Full NHS Pathways training
- Unsocial hours payments for out of hours worked and possibility of overtime
- Cycle to work scheme
- Home electronics discount
- Generous holiday allowance and pension
- Staff recognition awards
- Interest free travel pass
What we need from you:
- Have 3 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C (including English) or higher or Experience of call answering in an extremely busy or stressful environment.
- be a good communicator with an excellent telephone manner
- be able to work calmly and under pressure
- Be resilient and able to handle potentially distressing calls.
- be computer literate including in MS Office packages
You will be asked for your preference of base site, however this is not guaranteed, you will be allocated a site on commencement and will potentially be required to work from either site.
Please ensure that you have read the shift pattern attached as an additional document on NHS Jobs before submitting your application.