Estates/Probate/Wills Assistant- Southend - Part Time ( 3 days a week)
We are seeking an individual with good experience in the administration of estates.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual will need to be able to assist with running a busy workload of probate and administration work, consisting of varied value estates, and specifically the following duties and responsibilities, under supervision:
- Co-ordinating the collection of assets and identification of liabilities, dealing with third parties such as banks, accountants, valuers and financial institutions to obtain date of death valuations via correspondence/telephone calls as required;
- Preparing applications for letters of administration either on HMCTS' online portal or via postal application where appropriate;
- Preparing and filing initial and supplementary inheritance tax forms and applications for relief, and negotiating valuations and tax computations with HMRC;
- Reporting estate income and capital gains to HMRC, and preparing statements of income for beneficiaries;
- Preparing and maintaining estate administration accounts; and
- Dealing with the distribution of funds to beneficiaries in the appropriate manner.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- knowledge of inheritance tax rules, accounting and procedure, as well as Income and Capital Gains Tax compliance in the context of estate administration;
- a proven record of having administered, or assisted with the administration of estates;
- good administrative skills and an eye for detail;
Part-time hours: 22 per week
Interviews available now.