Here at Amey we have a great opportunity to join us as a Risk Analyst, to support the Core Valley Lines project, in Treforest.
Are you a recent graduate seeking an opportunity to start your career working on a prestigious rail project? Or do you have 1-3 years of experience in a risk management role? If yes, we have an outstanding full time, permanent opportunity for you!
Within our Transport Infrastructure division we are looking to appoint Risk Analyst to join the growing risk team working on the Core Valley Lines project, on behalf of Transport for Wales. Ideally you will have a risk, project management or maths based degree, or 1-3 years' experience working in projects in rail, highways or civils.
The role is to support the programme Risk Manager in implementing an innovative and collaborative approach to risk management.
You will be located at the office in Treforest.
What will the role invove?
- Support and/or carry out the development and running of quantitative risk assessment (integrated, cost and schedule) at programme and work package level to support funding decisions, present project risk exposure and assess against remaining budget and timeline
- Undertake schedule risk analysis data collation and modelling, present key findings, areas of concern/focus and recommendations to support decision making.
- Facilitate and risk workshops/reviews for the identification, assessment, and prioritisation of threats and opportunities.
- Build working relationships with Project Managers and wider project team, peers, colleagues and the Client.
- Assist with the monitoring of risk stats such as monthly risk reviews, mitigation action progress
- Supporting implementation and ongoing management of new risk management system across the programme
What are we looking for?
- Experience working in projects in rail, highways or civils
- Experience of risk management tools such as ARM, Xactium, Predict, PRA, @risk and Acumen
- Experience of project and business risk management facilitation
- Experience of initiating and running quantitative risk assessments (QRA) for schedule and cost
- Experience of running a risk management process
- Experience of creating management reports.
- Identify and propose improvements to project or business issues and problems and how to implement them.
- Display's enthusiasm, passion, and confidence combined with an open communication style. Comfortable to define work independently as well as within a team.
- Willing to foster knowledge sharing, learning and development, collaboration across the project
- Ideally having Membership of the Institute of Risk Management or Association for Project Management Risk Practitioner (or working towards)
What makes this role unique?
The Risk Analyst role will work within the Core Valley Line project to foster good working relationships with key influencers within the programme, ensuring that the management of risk within the project is best in class.
The risk management team are continuously working with the client to improve risk on the programme; this is an opportunity to explore ideas, new ways of working and to put them into action, every idea is welcome!
We are also embarking on rolling out a new risk database which will be an exciting time of change and perfect opportunity to improve the current risk processes.
We are looking for the best, efficient and most valuable ways to use risk on the programme to feed decision making at all levels to support the delivery of the transformation on the Core Valley Lines.