Have you been looking for an opportunity to upskill and take on management responsibility?
Our client is one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. Across the region they manage over 9,000 homes; house more than 15,000 tenants; provide over 1,500 bed spaces for people with support/care needs, in over 250 properties; and provide more than 500,000 hours of care and support each year.
Salary: £21,555 - £25,668 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, full time
Closing Date: Sunday 01 August 2021
About the service:
Palmwood Court is a CQC registered care home based in Highbury Vale which supports up to 12 individuals with enduring mental health conditions such as: Bi-Polar Disorder, Schizophrenia, chronic depression, Schizo-effective Disorder. The age range of their service users vary between 18 to 65 years with some users over 65 as the project offers long term services. Palmwood Court is made up of four bungalows that all sit side by side at the end of a quiet cul-de sac location.
About the role:
As an Assistant Manager, some of your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participating in the development and implementation of clients quality systems and maintaining a healthy and safe physical environment for service users and colleagues.
- Supporting change management within teams and deputising for the manager where necessary.
- Recruit, induct, support and develop colleagues; managing and evaluating performance effectively.
- Assist in planning and administering duty rotas.
- Reviewing individual support plans and implementing risk assessments.
"It is like a family working here, there is always somebody to support you whether it be the team or management and it is a nice atmosphere to be around” - Current Palmwood Court colleague.
To give you an idea of our ideal candidate, for the Assistant Managers role, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, nurturing, forthcoming and promotes good working practices – does this sound like you? If yes, keep on reading…
You will have substantial experience of working in a social care environment and a minimum level 2 NVQ, Diploma or Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care qualification or another relevant equivalent qualification. The successful candidate will be supported to enhance their personal development and achieve a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care.
You will have a good level of numeracy, literacy and IT skills and understand the needs of people from diverse social, cultural, racial backgrounds. It is beneficial if you are already aware of CQC requirements and have an awareness of person-centred support. It is essential that you are able to work to the needs of the service and structure, which may include working on a rota/shift system, including bank holidays, weekends, waking nights and sleep-in shifts.
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role and to have the mandatory COVID Vaccinations.
In Return: Benefits include
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service (pro rata)
- Automatic pay increments every April following successful completion of probationary period.
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the organisation and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, including those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. They particularly welcome applications from women, as they are currently under represented in managerial positions.
As part of our LGBT + Allies Programme, they also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
You may also have experience in areas such as: Care Manager, Care Home Manager, Assistant Care Home Manager, Senior Carer, Senior Support Worker, Support Worker, Service Manager, Assistant Service Manager etc.