Digital Forum Officer
Digital Forum Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Digital Forum Officer to oversee the day-to-day running of an online forum for single parents.
Position: Digital Forum Officer
Location: Kentish Town, London
Salary: £31,257 per annum
Contract: Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2021, with possible extension dependent on funding
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 30th July 2021
As Digital Forum Officer you will be working for the leading national charity working with single parent families. They provide information to help single parents support themselves and their family through our information pages, helpline, forum, and peer support groups. As Digital Forum Officer you will support the day-to-day running of the charity’s online forum for single parents by monitoring and moderating user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a supportive and safe environment.
You will be responsible for the recruitment, development and retention of a team of volunteer moderators who will support the Lead Forum Moderator with regards monitoring, moderation and safeguarding. You will champion their vision of a society in which single parent families are valued and where they and their children are treated equally and fairly.
As Digital Forum Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing an online community using BuddyPress or other digital forum platform
- Experience of supporting volunteers, including delivering training and/or providing coaching and feedback
- Good knowledge of safeguarding practices, reporting and risk management
- Evidence of planning skills with experience of maintaining and monitoring information systems
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively both within a team and cross-organisationally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders in person and/or remotely
- Excellent computer literacy and digital capabilities, including MS Office, CRM databases and internet applications
Although not essential knowledge of Wordpress and experience of using Google Analytics would be beneficial, as would experience of recruiting volunteers.
If you have professional or lived experience of the key issues affecting single parents and their children this would also be an advantage.
About the Organisation
Our client is the leading national charity working with single parent families. Since 1918, they have been at the forefront of shaping policy and services that support single parents. Our client welcomes applications from all sections of the community, including single parents and those with caring responsibilities.
‘It is gratifying to be a part of a charity which works so hard to support single parents at ground level, while giving them a voice in the national arena’ JK Rowling – President
You may also have experience in areas such as: Digital Forum Coordinator, Volunteer Management, Volunteer Coordinator, Website Moderator, Forum Coordinator, Online Community Coordinator, Online Community Moderator, Digital Forum etc.