Strategic Bid Manager
We are currently seeking a Strategic Bid Manager for our Strategic Accounts and Services Team at Willmott Dixon. This team was established three years ago and is responsible for identifying, influencing, securing and leading/managing both national and strategic frameworks and accounts which facilitate our business strategy to be delivered to its full potential.
Three years on and following our outstanding success of delivering access to 65% of our business turnover, the Bid Services team is expanding to deliver a wider service to the business and our customers.
Bid Service Success:
- Win Rate (average 5 bids/year): 2019 - 80%, 2020 - 100%, 2021 - 100%
- Influencing campaigns in place: 6-12 months ahead of bid coming to market
- Average Quality Score: 89%
- Average Commercial Score: 96%
We are now looking to strengthen our service with a Strategic Bid Manager working in the office and remotely with a requirement to be with the team in our Farringdon office, London an average of 2-3 days/week.
Reporting to the National Bid Director (NBD), duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Work with NBD to produce influencing campaign strategies and plans, reporting against progress and developing bid winning collateral before the bid comes to market.
- Manage, motivate and develop people working within the Central and Regional Bid Teams.
- Set resource requirements and work with strategic partners and regional teams to ensure sufficient support capacity for each of your bid opportunities.
- Agree bid win strategies for sign off by NBD.
- Lead and manage the bid team and process to deliver industry leading SQ and ITT submissions.
- Manage the creation of bid documents and presentation materials through internal and external document production teams.
- Facilitate worthy rival, win themes and USP workshops to establish bid winning messages and language.
- Overall responsibility for bid writing and one voice responses on all managed bids with support from subject experts.
- Work with our Commercial Manager on commercial proposals to ensure a holistic proposition on all bids.
- Support and direct our Knowledge Manager to ensure sufficient collateral, evidence, stats and testimonials are collated to ensure compelling bids.
- Be a custodian of the Business' Strategies and ensure these are embedded throughout engagement with the wider business, through external influencing campaigns and bid submissions.
- Support the Account Services team in their production and delivery of training and marketing material and user guides on all newly secured bids, for roll out in Local Construction Offices for consistent delivery.
- Continually look for ways to improve through informal and formal lessons learnt reviews, training, process development and customer feedback reviews.
- Lead rehearsals for and attend customer meetings and interview presentations.
- Work with NBD to facilitate white paper and marketing proposals with subject, account, marketing and sector leads.
- Nurture key internal and external customer relationships.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Strong understanding of strategic proposal techniques and processes
- Ability to articulate best practice clearly, credibly and convincingly
- Experience of leading multiple bid teams
- Experience of complex technical proposals
- Experience of dealing with diverse technical output
- Experience of creating and writing effective bid submissions
- Superb written skills
- Excellent resource planning skills
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.