We are currently seeking a Bid Co-ordinator for our Strategic Accounts and Services Team at Willmott Dixon. This team was established three years ago and is responsible for identifying, influencing, securing and leading/managing both national and strategic frameworks and accounts which facilitate our business strategy to be delivered to its full potential.
Three years on and following our outstanding success of delivering access to 65% of our business turnover, the Bid Services team is expanding to deliver a wider service to the business and our customers.
Bid Service Success:
- Win Rate (average 5 bids/year): 2019 - 80%, 2020 - 100%, 2021 - 100%
- Influencing campaigns in place: 6-12 months ahead of bid coming to market
- Average Quality Score: 89%
- Average Commercial Score: 96%
Following the success of the Bid Team and three years of refining our processes we are taking on additional responsibilities. We are looking to strengthen our Bid team with a Bid Coordinator working in the office and remotely with a requirement to be with the team in our Farringdon, London office an average of 2-3 days/week.
Reporting to the Strategic Bid Manager, duties and responsibilities for this role include:
- Compile high quality and compliant SQ submissions, fully managing compliance elements of all bids.
- Set up and review portal alerts, tender opportunities and OJEU notices and alert the team to relevant opportunities / information.
- Produce and manage SQ and ITT response schedules.
- Manage the electronic filing system for each opportunity.
- Monitor tender clarifications received, update clarification log and distribute to the bid team.
- Provide a dedicated point of contact for customers during the bidding process.
- Coordinate team attendance at market engagement events, bidders' days, interviews, etc.
- Note taking during storyboarding and peer reviews as required.
- General administrative support as required, e.g. arranging meetings.
- Build and maintain meaningful relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Provide creative ideas and initiatives for bids.
- Support our Knowledge Manager with maintaining our Knowledge Library.
- Producing bid designs/submissions using InDesign and Word.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Excellent demonstrable standard of written and spoken English
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Use of Adobe Indesign
- Use of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience of coordinating the bid process, reviewing bid enquiries and writing submissions
- Experience of relationship management to encourage bid contributors
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Experience of using Prezi
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.