Tax Specialist - Burgess Hill
Tax Specialist – Burgess Hill, West Sussex
We are seeking a Tax Specialist to join our in-house tax team and support us to manage the tax affairs of Roche’s companies located in Burgess Hill, UK and Dublin, Ireland.
The Tax Specialist will cover all taxes and will have a focus on tax compliance and reporting, with opportunities to be involved in advisory aspects. The position involves working closely and in collaboration with the businesses and the accounting services and tax functions both locally and globally, as well as external tax advisers.
The role will be based in Burgess Hill (albeit currently working remotely).
- Support the management of the direct and indirect tax compliance processes (mainly corporation tax and VAT), which are undertaken by the in-house tax team, the accounting shared services centre and/or outsourced to external tax advisers.
- Support the oversight of the group and statutory accounts reporting processes as it relates to tax, which are undertaken by the accounting shared services centre.
- Assist the team in managing the relationship with tax authorities, and dealing with any tax enquiries or queries that arise.
- Implement effective controls and procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
- Research and document tax technical points.
- Support the team to provide tax guidance, advice and support to the businesses and wider organisation.
- Assist on various ad-hoc tasks, projects and transactions.
- Support the implementation of Global tax policies, including transfer pricing.
- Building strong working relationships, rapport and trust with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in a multinational organisation within the tax function or in a finance area with exposure to taxes, or professional services firm.
- Professional qualification in accounting or tax.
- Good understanding of UK taxes (mainly corporation tax and VAT). Experience in transfer pricing, UK R&D and Irish taxes an advantage.
- Good accounting knowledge and familiarity with using Microsoft Office, SAP and Google applications.
- Excellent organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate tax concepts and requirements to colleagues outside of tax.
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and also be a strong team player.
- Knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. In return we offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation, including a genuine interest in your development and progression.
Good luck with your application.