Midweight Product Designer
Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
As a Midweight Product Designer, you will be responsible for designing great visual customer experiences for entertainment and sport users. You will be familiar with designing across multiple devices, spanning mobile, web, smart TV, connected devices and consoles; ensuring that our users have a best-in-class digital experience. This role will also require you to design for a global audience and the challenges it represents. It’s our aim to make discovery+ the leading sport and entertainment platform in the world.
● Work alongside Senior designers, UX, Research and Product to define and produce best in class product designs.
● Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are correctly implemented.
● Design co-ownership of a platform, product mission or both.
● Participate in and contribute to UXD Workshops and Post Project Reviews.
● Champion a solid design process and vocalise opinions and ideas to the wider product team.
● Contribute to the design operations and how we work with our global UXD teams.
● Contribute to the development of our Design System.
● 3+ years solid knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, preferably within the media, sport, telecommunications and broadband industries
● A strong grasp of current trends.
● You are a champion of user-centred design, looking to solve real problems.
● Are comfortable working alongside senior designers, UX designers, Research, Product Owners, Delivery managers and tech leads.
● Have a proactive approach to challenging yourself and your teammates to do better.
● Be comfortable with being presented with complex requirements.
● Enjoy collaborating at any given opportunity.
● You must be able to confidently and clearly communicate your thinking to your UXDR colleagues plus the wider product team.
● Must be resilient to a fast moving and often changing environment.
● Be open to sharing your work. This is a highly collaborative team.
● Experience of UXD in OTT, online streaming, VOD. Specifically creating designs that: Drive video consumption, Onboard new subscribers to a premium experience, Inform and delight in a multi-language environment
● Experience in designing for sport based products.
● Experience working on design systems.
● Experience working on global products with different languages.