Traffic Management Operative (Incidents)
What is the purpose of this role?
- To attend incidents, pre-siting routine / reactive works, identifying issues in your area, recommending schemes, strong relationship with client traffic officers and inspectors.
What does this role involve?
- Maintain high technical standards
- Attend project and work briefings as required
- Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks, routine maintenance, (e.g. oil and water checks) and cleaning
- Undertake all aspects of highway maintenance works including routine and cyclic maintenance activities, minor civil's works, litter picking
- Winter maintenance operations
- Undertake winter and emergency call out and standby
- Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
- Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books
- Record Drivers' hours
- Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system
- To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers
What are we looking for?
- Required: valid drivers licence and LGV
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions
- Good communication skills
- 12AB Operative with Lantra
- Abrasive Wheels
- Banksman Slinger
- CAT Scanner (Highways)
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- (HSE) Environmental Awareness
- Tool Box Talk
- Personal Highways Safety
- Manual Handling
- Medicals - Other
- 4-on-4-off shift pattern, mixture of nights and days
What makes this role unique?
Amey, a leading infrastructure, highways and public services provider, is looking for talent to join its growing team since securing the £180m, Area 12 Yorkshire and Humberside Maintenance and Response (M&R) contract by Highways England.
By taking a role at Amey, you'll be joining a team responsible for ensuring all routine and cyclic maintenance on the trunk roads and motorway network know as Area 12 which spans 1,650km of motorway, 476km of trunk road (dual), 179km of trunk road (single carriageway) and 1,963 structures.
Responsible for incident management, defect rectification and responding to severe weather, you will join a team that also oversees traffic management during incidents and the operation of the ten maintenance depots in the region.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.