HR Adviser/Part Time - 3 Days a week
Our Client is looking for an experienced HR Adviser to join the business on a part time bases.
- To provide a comprehensive HR service which ensures that managers and employees are equipped with best practice to foster a high performance culture. To assist with the management of the overall HR operations.
- Working closely with various departments assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinary, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Implement learning and development policy
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Administer payroll and payroll records and keep accounts appraised of any changes.
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Support the recruitment process - this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc., also supporting line managers with the interviews and selection of candidates as required
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Happy to work 3 full days a week
- CIPD Part/Fully Qualified
- Proven HR generalist experience of three years is expected.
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities and solid knowledge of employment legislation and its application.
- Proactive team player with strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in developing and supporting line managers through change.
- An ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion and diplomacy is crucial.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy or as part of a team
- Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Experience of dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the team.
- Advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Demonstrable experience in managing TUPE, redundancy or another relevant HR project
- Strong understanding of employment law
- Professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals