WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The opportunity would see you join the SkyGo Desktop / Big Screen (Consoles/ SMART TV) Client software development team, which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Sky Go platform and associated clients. Together we use cutting edge, highly scalable, technology to delight our customers with online services, which allow them to consume Sky content online, and on numerous hardware platforms.
- Influence the technical direction of the team from a design and technology stack point of view.
- Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed and performed at scale
- Champion and coach peers in software development best practices and best of breed technology.
- Work with a self-organising and cross functional agile team using techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Take an active role in user story definition, assisting QAs and business stakeholders with acceptance criteria.
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the our product owners and other business stakeholders.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the self-regulated team, mentor peers and associates working in cross functional feature teams.
- Help pull together project plans through estimations.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
It is essential that you can immediately add value to our team and be able to contribute to our team's velocity from day one. Therefore we think it is essential that you have knowledge and experience of as many of the following items as possible:
- At Least 3-4 Years developing production grade front end applications with TypeScript and ReactJS for Xbox ideally.
- Experience of taking a senior or lead role on the development of complex frontend applications, that are highly robust, transactional and performant.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of open source and commercial technologies
- HTML 5 & CSS 3. Multiple DRM solutions
- Experience of software development for high quality, high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites/systems /desktop apps
- Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
- RESTful web services (JSON / XML)
- Web application architectures and designs
- Experience within agile frameworks and practices; Scrum, Kanban or Scrum-ban
- User stories & Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Paired Programming, AB Testing
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management Tools
- Jira and Confluence (or similar), Jenkins (or similar), Github (or similar)
- JS build tools - Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, NPM scripts
BONUS POINTS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Responsive design
- Knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with large content/video management systems
- Experience of web based video technologies (VOD/Linear Streaming)
Group Product: We're the team behind the infamous Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design. Could you help us turn an idea into the next big thing? As a team, we're collaborative, empowered and innovative - together, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs.