Business Support Administrator
What is the purpose of this role?
- To provide wide range administrative support services to an operational contract or functional team.
What is the purpose of this role?
- Undertake general 'team' administrative duties as and when required
- Share information to ensure customer needs are met
- Maintain office systems in an orderly manner
- Take direction from Business Support Coordinator/Manager and senior team members
- Receives and disseminates information to other team members to ensure service delivery
- Assist with the delivery of services to the client
- Input to and maintain spread sheets/databases/systems and produce and collate reports
- Raise purchase orders and arrange payment of invoices
- Administer petty cash
- Responsible for reception duties where appropriated/required
- Undertake other basic business support duties as part of a team
- Role is mostly reactive and takes direction from team members
- Process and handle confidential information with discretion
What are we looking for?
- Education to GCSE level or equivalent
- Familiar with/exposure to management systems or other similar data entry and reporting database applications
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Previous experience of working in a generalist administration/business support role
- Friendly and professional manner
- Conscientious and confident approach to duties with a polite, pleasant and helpful attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good verbal and written communication
- A proactive, conscientious and confident approach
- Enthusiastic and able to act with initiative
- Experience/use of MS Word and MS Excel
- SAP experience is not essential but highly desirable
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.