Senior HSE Advisor - Piling - Flexible Working Available
Senior Health & Safety Advisor - Expanded Piling
Location: covering projects in London and South East, with the ability to travel Nationally
Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Our specialist business Expanded self-deliver civil and concrete structures both for Laing O'Rourke and the external market. They are the UK Leader in Reinforced Concrete basement, sub and superstructure frame construction.
This role will provide someone with a fantastic opportunity to take on strategic HSE leadership responsibilities across a number of projects as well as hands on advisory duties across a number of major projects.
- The purpose of this role is to become trusted advisor, facilitator and champion for Health, Safety & Environment delivery for our Expanded business.
- Our 'Next Gear' approach takes the focus away from traditional practices towards challenging bureaucratic, non-value adding process and motivating teams to focus towards their ethical responsibility.
- Actively involved in.
- Providing support in setting Next Gear maturity goals, inspiring progress and reporting on performance.
- Identifying and facilitating any necessary training and coaching requirements.
What do we look for?
- Curiosity and passion to drive and embrace change and continuous improvement.
- Excellent hosting, coaching, mentoring and engagement skills along with the ability to build trust and foster great relationships.
- Technical knowledge in occupational health, safety, environmental, risk management and well-being.
- Training / coaching competence and qualifications in NEBOSH or IOSH will be beneficial.
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain and encourage hardworking people. At Laing O'Rourke, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to be a great place to work. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe excellence is possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team.
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For more information on our Expanded Business you can visit their website here: https://www.expandedltd.com/home/
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email