Cleaner Working Team Leader
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers and cleaners that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
To provide and supervise a cleaning service that meets our contractual commitments, to include, but not limited to, tasks such as vacuuming, dusting, emptying bins, the polishing of surface and mopping of areas required in line with cleaning best practice and health and safety regulations. To monitor service delivery outputs. Training and people management of a team of cleaners.
HMP Garth - Ulnes Walton Lane, Leyland PR26 8NE
What will this role involve?
- Supervisor cleaners within your team, carrying out basic people management activity
- Lead by example, demonstrate best practise at all times
- Always Undertake role in a professional and safe manner
- Work according to legislative regulations i.e ensuring the correct use of colour coded equipment
- Comply with Internal and External HSEA requirements RAMs and COSHH
- Carry out bi- weekly cleaning audits for internal improvements
- Provide a cleaning service that delivers to our contractual requirements
- Control stock levels and order consumables to ensure service delivery through the correct channels
- Operate machinery safely and in line with the guidelines and training provided
- Train cleaners in Amey way modules including 6 monthly refreshers.
- To deliver good customer engagement ensuring client satisfaction
- Ensure a high quality service is provided to the building users at all times ensuring customer satisfaction
- Resolve any concerns or issues raised by team members or escalate to your people manager if you are not able to.
- Ensure that all duties are completed in the time provided to a high standard
- Deliver all remedial actions following independent audits
- Operate in accordance with the Soft Services Platform and Handbook
- Carry out any reasonable requests that are directed by your line manager
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required
- Must have supervisor/ team leader cleaning experience, preferably within a facilities maintenance background
- Have good attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and use own initiative
- Demonstrate a reliable and responsible approach
- Welcome the opportunity to learn and support others
- Iosh managing safely
- Bics or equivalent training in service delivery
- 3 years+ industry skill
- Experience using chemicals and machinery safely
- Comfortable working in a prison environment
- A team member
- Environmental awareness
- Good people skills
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.