Looking to gain skills, knowledge, and experience in care?
We have a fantastic opportunity for individuals with the right values to join our client’s caring and diverse organisation as a Care Assistant, with no experience required.
Position: Care Assistant
Salary: £17,192 - £17,495 per annum (£8.91 - £9.07 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 per week, full time, part time and bank considered
Closing Date: Wednesday 11th August 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 19th August 2021
About the role of Care Assistant:
As a Care Assistant you will be providing personal care and personal support to our client’s service users. In this role, no two days are the same and you will be expected to get involved a variety of tasks including domestic duties and helping the service users to access social and leisure activities within the community. Due to service user needs, you must be able and willing to carry out moving and handling duties.
“We are a little community here at Nuthall Road, we all pull together when needed and it is a great atmosphere to work in" – Current colleague.
ESL Nuthall Road offers an enhanced supported living service and provides varied levels of support for adults aged 18 – 65 years with a range of complex needs, learning and physical difficulties. The project supports up to 18 fantastic service users to live as independently as possible.
If you are willing to learn and want to empower individuals to be the best, they can be by building skills and confidence, we want to hear from you. You will be a motivated individual that has a degree of resilience as you will be expected to work with individuals who display challenging behaviour.
The service operates 7 days a week including weekends and bank holidays and therefore you must be flexible and willing to cover a wide range of shifts between the hours of 7:00am and 22.00pm. You may also be required to work waking night shifts 22.00pm - 7.00am and sleep-in shifts. Depending on the needs of the service users, you may be allocated split shifts.
The service is easily accessible by car, bus and tram and there is onsite parking too!
All successful candidates will be required to take a numerical and literacy test prior to the interview.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the organisation and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Free paid training
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Paid to train
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Opportunities to join several networking and support groups e.g. LGBT Ally, BAME Network, become a diverse champion etc.
- Support to achieve Health & Social Care Diploma
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Overtime available
- Automatic pay increments every April following successful completion of probationary period
- Opportunities to attend colleague social events.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.