Senior Product Manager, Analytics and Insight
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend, and Discovery+.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion, and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
We are an international business with teams across Europe, and relationships with suppliers and organisations around the world. We are building and growing direct-to-consumer digital products (both advertising and subscription-supported), and we are seeking to appoint a Senior Product Manager to lead our analytics and Insight function across our digital product set.
Overview of role Over 25 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport to connect fans and athletes around the sports they love.
Core to Eurosport’s strategy for engaging our Sports audience is creating authentic, intuitive, and delightful digital products – and a direct relationship with our customers. This role is key to delivering against our strategy.
As Analytics and Insight Senior Product Manager, Eurosport Digital, you will drive the development and execution of ES digital products across platforms by taking the lead on implanting a best in class consumer insight capability. You will work closely with development teams to support the delivery of a product strategy and roadmap, ensuring that the performance of new features is tested and tracked accurately, selecting the best tools for the job, and allocating resources appropriately against the potential upsides.
Additionally you will work with the Eurosport Insights team as a key contributor to help shape and deliver a suite of industry leading research capabilities in a multi-product environment. Eurosport uses Adobe Analytics as the back-bone of its product analytics suite – so the right candidate must be both an expert in and evangelist for this platform. Other parts of Eurosport’s consumer insight capability are less well defined and for the right candidate, this role should represent an exciting opportunity to shape these capabilities from the ground up.
This role reports into the Product Director, Eurosport Digital, and will work closely with product, development, editorial, advertising and marketing teams to define and deliver products that will place ES Digital properties ahead of market.
This role additionally has a dotted-line report into the Digital Product & Customer Data Analytics Director in the Eurosport Insight team.
- Oversee the implementation of analytics and insight capabilities across all of Eurosport’s digital products, when appropriate balancing and prioritising the development of long-term strategic capabilities against short term or more tactical project/BAU requirements. Ensure that best in class industry standards are followed and quality is assured.
- Build out a robust and reliable work funnel for analytics implementation requirements, working with business stakeholders, product and development teams to ensure it is widely understood, adopted and optimised by iterations.
- Co-ordinate the insight and reporting requirements for Eurosport Digital, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture. You will be the point person for Analytics and Insight from within the Product team – facilitating requests when appropriate, but focusing on enabling a self-serving cultur
- Define a roadmap of insight capabilities – beyond analytics implementations – that will help serve the wider business strategy
- Own and manage the relationships with any A/B testing and insight tools used by all products.
- Work closely with central Insight and Marketing teams to further define required reports that will create actionable changes for our products.
- Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilizing standardized product development processes.
- Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products.
- Key requirements - role specific
- Experience in product development & technology in a video, media or sport setting.
- Demonstrable experience of web, mobile/tablet or OTT product development.
- Adobe Analytics subject matter expert – minimum 5 year’s experience
- Subject matter expert in using analytical tools to increase traffic to digital properties.
- Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally savvy audience
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile product development practices. Able to provide technical teams with clear written product requirements and software specifications.
- Excellent decision making and judgment.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- A passion for Sport and/or a good understanding of the media and sport industries.
- Video and display advertising, across front-end and back-end
- Strong collaborator
- Person specification - Senior Product Manager As a senior Product Manager, you will be able to demonstrate consistently strong performance across four key areas:
- Subject matter expert in Adobe and Analytics
- Voice of the Customer
- Impact and influence
- Owning high impact feature sets and area(s); skilled at product development and optimization with limited direction
- Consistently able to define strategy and translate into roadmaps; comfortable setting priorities and building shared understanding across teams
- Able to act with autonomy to represent the product and navigate problems; your decisions are right, often
- Able to judiciously advocate for resources; equally judicious about releasing resources
- Relentless conducts analysis to ensure the right features are built to achieve product and business goals
- Quick to establish and drives ship cadence; build credibility by ensuring high quality, defect-free products
- Able to handle ambiguous problems, seeking input and support when necessary – also knowing when to lead
- Naturally develop product and business strategy based on customer needs; demonstrating strong customer empathy
- Able to influence peers and stakeholders as VOC
- Use process and mechanisms to ensure products meet customer needs
- Skilled at conducting qualitative research & A/B testing
- An effective partner for Engineering, Design, and Business teams. Quickly earning trust and becoming recognised as an ally and advocate on their behalf
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Your business documents and Project Reports are clear and concise and used as examples of good work for your peers to aspire to.
- Track record of delivering high-quality product features and optimizations; use data to validate impact and demonstrate that you can achieve high-impact goals with your feature priorities