Quantity Surveyor - Homeworking Available
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated individuals.
They will manage their own tasks within the context of a project or company objective. Whilst they will take day to day decisions on their own, they will refer significant decisions. They are accountable for the performance of a small team.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
- Contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract
- Understand fully the customer’s needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery Provide support to the site team on contract requirements
- Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved
- Monitor subcontractor against programme
- Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends Assist in the production of cost value reconciliation reports and forecast cash recovery and ensure that both are kept In line with target
- Ensure applications for payment and invoices are completed and submitted to ensure payment is made to terms and within work in progress (WIP) and cash targets
- Ensure compliance with all contractual requirements Monitor internal expenditure against budget Maximise efficiency of reporting techniques/systems
- Seek opportunities to maximise value and minimise costs in line with Morgan Sindall Values
- Operate the systems that are in place to provide the information necessary to manage the contract
- Implement and monitor all systems and procedures and ensure effective operation
- Ensure all customers and stakeholders have an exceptional customer service and work to achieving Perfect Delivery on all projects
- Promote, encourage and manage effective team work
- Support and coach other team members’ commercial and contractual awareness
- Liaise with the customer, customer representatives and other third parties on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments
- Financial closure of projects ensuring all costs and value are allocated in correct systems in accordance with financial timetable.
- HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline) RICS accredited
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Able to demonstrate a good knowledge of monthly reporting Practical knowledge of forms of contract
- Understanding of period cost reporting and comparison with budget/forecast Previous experience with COINS
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, including chairing regular meetings, measurement and control cycle, certificates, accrual calculations and value allocation
- Knowledge of the procurement of sub-contractors
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors with little supervision Knowledge of effective cost allocation management
- NEC and residential experience advantageous.
Morgan Sindall Construction London and Home Counties
With a passion to serve customers we have developed a professional, understated approach, where our people in London and Home Counties are encouraged and rewarded to work as a team to achieve Perfect Delivery.
The success of this strategy to: find – win – deliver – repeat has yielded a healthy forward order book, giving us the stability to fully focus on strengthening our long-term work winning capability in our primary sectors of: education, public sector frameworks, civic buildings, investment linked opportunities and healthcare.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.