Head of Compliance & MLRO - (Part Time)
A unique and exciting hands-on Compliance and MLRO role (SMF16 & SMF17) leading all activities relating to AML/CTF and compliance within our Bank supporting the Banks senior management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and understand changes in regulation
- Develop policies internally relating to AML in the company and oversee the implementation of those policies
- Work to develop AML guidance materials, training resources, and controls
- Update internal handbook on AML policies
- Advise senior management of any likely implications of changes to internal policies
- Implement the annual AML plan and perform the relevant quality assurance checks to ensure adherence
- Conduct due diligence reviews
- Report results of reviews of AML risk assessments and monitor remedial proceedings
- Identify, investigate, and resolve all activities that are deemed noncompliant.
- Plan AML training sessions
- Provide advice on the implication of future business strategies
- Act as a subject matter expert for the business and point of reference to address related queries
- Compile reports for the board and Management.
- Address issues relating to transaction monitoring, filtering, and sanctions
- Handle the preparation work and management of inspections by the regulator
- Develop and update internal procedures
- Oversight of all compliance issues
The candidate must have a strong background in Financial Services (any sector), an in-depth knowledge and understanding of;
- Patterns and methods of Money Laundering.
- AML/CTF regulations.
- be confident and concise in communication with a proven organisational ability.
- and be solution oriented possessing the capability to present at management meetings.
- Legal experience in loan documentation will be a distinct advantage.
The bank will consider candidates who hold the Head of Compliance / MLRO outside of banking who can demonstrate the suitability to take on this mandate.
The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and can be offered as a part time opportunity minimum is 3 days per week.