Are you looking for a career advancement within Social Care? Wells Road are excited to be recruiting for a part time Assistant Manager!
Wells Road, is a small and family-orientated residential care home providing long term services to six adults, all of whom have a range of support needs including Learning and physical disabilities, Autism and complex needs.
Location: St Anns, Nottingham
Salary: £12,993 - £15,400.80 per annum
Hours: 22.2 hours per week, part time
Closing Date: Wednesday 11 August 2021
Interview Date: Monday 16 August 2021
About the role:
As an Assistant Manager within this residential care home you will:
- Assist with the day-to-day running of the project with the support of the Project Manager.
- Help the team of Care Assistants and Support Workers to develop and excel.
- Monitor the quality of the care and support provided.
- Ensure service users’ financial resources are maximised and managed effectively.
- Set up agreed individual packages of support and recommend allocation of accommodation.
- Assist in the planning and administering of duty rotas.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the organisations quality systems.
- Deputise for the manager as necessary.
- Recruit, induct and support and develop colleagues; managing and evaluating performance effectively.
- Adhere to mandatory vaccination requirements for the role; providing evidence of exemptions where applicable.
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes the organisations values to join this fantastic team as an Assistant Manager. You will need to be caring, energetic and organised in order to fulfil this role. You will have substantial experience of working in a social care environment and a minimum level 2 NVQ, Diploma or Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care or another relevant equivalent qualification.
Ideally, candidates will have previous experience in organising activities for groups of people and the ability to work on your own as well as part of a team. Management of staff, good IT and organisational skills are also essential for the role.
Benefits included with the role as an Assistant Manager include:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options and life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Automatic pay increments every April following successful completion of probationary period
This is an exciting and rewarding role in which you will demonstrate your commitment to person-centred working to ensure the best outcomes for the people who live at Wells Road. Are you up for the challenge?
“It’s a really great place to work, the service users are wonderful and as a team we work together and everyone is very friendly” – Current Colleague.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
We very much welcome previous experience working as Team Leader, Senior Home Carer, Senior Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Senior Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Senior Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Home Manager, Deputy Manager, Activities Coordinator.