Business Support Coordinator - Runcorn
Sat within our Highways business the Business Support Coordinator is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative and business support services to the Area Manager and wider Area 10 team.
This is a full time permanent role based both from home and our office in Preston Brook.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What does this role involve?
· Support the lifecycle of DCP packs from creation of the job to submission to the commercial team.
· Support the Business Support Manager & Area Managers with cost allocation and cost control including PowerApp issues.
· Willing to travel to and between depots.
· Aid in development of performance reports to enable better understanding of cost vs value and progress against the planning schedule.
· Prepare performance month end presentations for the area to help monitor cost, value and delivery of the programme against the annual commercial plan.
· Use the SAP for various activities inc management of vendor queries, receipting of goods, running reports and creating purchase orders when required.
· Management of Parked and Blocked Report.
· Ordering of PPE and Stationary for the depots.
· Purchase card coding.
· Support stock reconciliation for depots.
· Monitor plant usage and standing plant.
· Manage missing time sheets with SMT.
· Liaise with Area Managers and supervisors regarding missing hours.
· Manage the processing of shift register and follow up any outstanding actions
· Undertake business support projects as assigned
· Proactively manipulate systems and run reports as required
· Act as a customer, communication and H&S champion incl lead fire co-ordinator for the area and support the overall contract approach
· Diary and travel management as appropriate for senior managers.
· Support area meetings for suppliers, supervisors and where required monitor action plan
· Handle confidential information with discretion
· To present a professional image to all staff within Amey as well as external contacts
· Act as the key liaison person for the department/contract
· Disseminate information to other team members to ensure delivery
· Operate independently or as part of a team
What are we looking for?
- High level of GCSE (or equivalent) or experience in similar/same role
- Relevant business support qualification desirable
- Proven ability to manipulate systems and databases
- Strong ability to understand the bigger picture
- Good verbal and written communication
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Excellent customer liaison skills
- Demonstrable administrative skill set and experience
- Evidence of some project coordination
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Previous use of SAP would be desirable
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.