Senior Service Desk Analyst
Senior Service Desk Analyst
Willmott Dixon are looking for a Senior Service Desk Analyst to join our busy IT Service Desk Team to provide first class customer service and support to users throughout our business. The team is Letchworth based and the role will involve a combination of both office and remote based working.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
- Genuine and friendly
- Innovative and keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Service Desk Team? Our customers are really important to us and we strive to provide our customers with the best experience possible with every contact that they have with the team. The Service Desk is the first point of contact with our end users, you will be the face / voice of IT and you will be working with customers to provide timely solutions to their technical issues. You will handle technical incidents and requests, and where appropriate, provide an interface for other activities such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Service Delivery Management. The Senior Service Desk Agent will contribute to the maintenance of and adherence to the operational processes, toolsets and procedures and will support the Service Desk Analysts in their objectives and be first point of escalation.
With this in mind, we are looking for people that have exceptional customer service skills with a desire to help people and to provide a solution to their problem.
Duties and responsibilities will include: -
- Accurately log, track, update and resolve incidents and requests in a timely manner meeting agreed SLA's and according to agreed standards and procedures to ensure that normal service operations are restored as quickly as possible.
- Assist the team in the resolution of Incidents and Requests assigned by the Service Desk Toolset, ensuring that timely updates are provided and that the Service Level Agreements are met.
- Effectively and efficiently provide remote desktop assistance, support and cover to all business users.
- Support the Service Desk Manager in the development and implementation of team departmental and business wide service improvement plans, weekly/monthly reporting and metrics, projects and technical refresh/remediation plans in accordance with IT objectives, values and standards.
- Ensure that all legal and legislative requirements in relation to IT are adhered to and followed & ensure that WD IT policy is communicated when required to ensure that all business users are adhering to WD group policies.
- Ensure that calls to the IT Service Desk are handled for an appropriate length of time and adapt according to current volumes of calls to the IT Service Desk.
- To operate as the conduit of information and feedback between the business, resolver teams and the Service Desk Manager.
- Respond to requests for support in a timely manner and according to agreed SLAs and procedures.
- Ensure users and stakeholders are fully informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid delays.
- Provide advice and support to both internal and external customers in order to deliver a high standard of customer care.
- Demonstrate a professional and flexible attitude to ensure that customer expectations are met.
- Adopts the IT Communication Principles and standards for all communications with those outside the service desk department.
- Proactively notify customers and stakeholders of any deviation from agreed plans, activities and tasks.
- Undertake all relevant technical support and maintenance tasks/activities as required by Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Request Management, Project and other IT Processes. To carry out Root Cause Analysis activities for the team. Ensure any continuous improvements and associated changes are reflected within existing processes and policies.
- Apply effective personal and team Time Management and Planning to ensure all duties and activities are completed in a timely manner, proactively notifying others of any changes to completion times/dates. For example taking ownership of the helpdesk queue and working to keep it at a manageable level. Ensure that all plans and priority tasks and activities such that regular attendance is maintained at Operational and Team meetings and other key or mandatory meetings.
- Create technical knowledge articles where possible and communicating fixes and workarounds within the team. To ensure knowledge sharing sessions with the team are being hosted and attended regularly.
- Training and coaching new and existing members of the team.
- Covering the Manager's duties in their absence.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
- Customer Service in an IT Environment
- Working with Microsoft Technologies
- Remote Desktop Support
- Windows 10
- Office 365
- Service Now
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server
- Reading and accurately interpreting technical specifications
- Ensuring users understanding of IT protocols and Procedures
- Good communicator both verbal and written
- Proactively liaising with users in a non-technical manner
- Managing challenging users
- Providing excellent customer service
Qualifications and memberships
- ITIL Foundation
Genuine and Friendly
* show kindness by respecting and caring for each other
* are not afraid to make mistakes and accept that sometimes we get things wrong
* are open to feedback, opinions and ideas
* change "No, but…" to "Yes, if…"
* challenge ways of working that are not meeting our customers' needs
* seek to change scope & timescales to customers' needs
* take a bigger picture overview
* keep it simple
* take the time to explain issues
* speak plainly and avoid using jargon
* try to listen and understand
Innovative & keen to improve
* take leaps of faith without fear of failure
* listen to all ideas with an open mind
* are curious and experimental
* seek feedback from our customers in order to learn and improve
* set time aside to be creative
Responsive to customer needs
* respond quickly and expect appropriate expectations
* Listen to what our colleagues and customers have to say
* try to understand our customers' point of view
* proactively keep people updated
* take time to have fun
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose beyond profit is to deliver brilliant buildings, transform lives, strengthen communities, and enhance the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and trusted privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
We hold two Queen's Awards for Enterprise (for Sustainable Development and Social Mobility) and hold numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!