Training Assessor -Welfare Rights Part time
Your new company
A Non Profit Organisation based in Belfast
Your new role
You will work as part of the training team, assessing learners undertaking generalist advice skills qualifications.
What you'll need to succeed
- Good Standard of Education.
- Completed a baseline generalist advice qualification as per the Northern Ireland Advice Quality Standard (Advice NI's Adviser NI, Citizens Advice ATP, Law Centre WRAP or equivalent).
- A minimum of 2 years' experience providing advice in a welfare rights related subject areas.
- Experience of delivering or assessing training in an advice related subject area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation, planning, time management skills and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Ability to understand and disseminate complex information and legislation.
- Ability to solve problems and use own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Knowledge of welfare rights and welfare reform.
- Knowledge of principles of adult learning.
- Have a flexible and responsive approach to teamwork.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Have a commitment to carrying out duties in line with policies and procedures e.g. Equal Opportunities. Flexible approach to working hours.
- Friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines. Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Commitment to improving own knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work flexibly, initially from home. Must have a reliable Wi-Fi connection for these purposes.
What you'll get in return
Part time 14 hours per week
GBP15-GBP16 per hour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.