Service Improvement Manager (Service Desk)
Willmott Dixon are looking for a Service Improvement Manager (Service Desk) to join our busy IT Service Operations Team. We are looking for somebody who will challenge the status quo in the pursuit of delivering an experience that goes above and beyond our customers' expectations. The team is Letchworth based and the role will involve a combination of both office and remote based working.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 and 2021 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
- Genuine and friendly
- Innovative and keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
This role will involve managing our Service Desk team. Our customers are really important to us and we strive to provide our customers with the best experience possible with every contact that they have with the team. The Service Desk is the first point of contact with our end users, they are the face / voice of IT and they work with customers to provide timely solutions to their technical issues.
With this in mind, we are looking for an individual with strong management and leaderships skills, who is customer focused and has experience of working on change or transformation.
The role will involve the following:
- Transformation of the Service Desk that goes beyond customer expectations
- Raising the standard in line with the Service Desk Institute standard. Working within the guidelines of Best Practise
- Embrace and enhance the customer experience.
- Proactively making recommendations based on customer drivers
- Enhancing the collaboration between the desk and other IT teams
- Providing reports and metrics to provide analysis of the service
- Motivate, manage and develop the service desk team to provide an excellent customer experience
- In collaboration with the Head of Service Operations, defining the direction of the service desk
- Working with the project services team to ensure successful transition of the new services into the business as usual support.
- In collaboration with Head of Service Operations, all processes to support delivery of exceptional customer service, along with meeting operational requirements (e.g. security and compliance)
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Knowledge of Service Desk Institute and preferably working to their standards
- Experience of 'transformation'
- Strong people management skills
- Customer focused approach
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- ITIL and Prince 2 certifications
Genuine and Friendly
* show kindness by respecting and caring for each other
* are not afraid to make mistakes and accept that sometimes we get things wrong
* are open to feedback, opinions and ideas
* change "No, but…" to "Yes, if…"
* challenge ways of working that are not meeting our customers' needs
* seek to change scope & timescales to customers' needs
* take a bigger picture overview
* keep it simple
* take the time to explain issues
* speak plainly and avoid using jargon
* try to listen and understand
Innovative & keen to improve
* take leaps of faith without fear of failure
* listen to all ideas with an open mind
* are curious and experimental
* seek feedback from our customers in order to learn and improve
* set time aside to be creative
Responsive to customer needs
* respond quickly and expect appropriate expectations
* Listen to what our colleagues and customers have to say
* try to understand our customers' point of view
* proactively keep people updated
* take time to have fun
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2021 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.