Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
The successful candidate will collaborate with study teams working effectively within the clinical triad (clinician, clinical pharmacologist, and statistician) to design studies, develop protocols, write statistical analysis plans, perform statistical analysis, write reports, present results summarizing findings, and develop publications of results. Successful candidate would also participate in regulatory submissions and response to regulatory queries. The candidate will directly contribute to Company success by increasing the strength of study designs, interpretability of results, regulatory strategy & interactions, biomarker strategies and by implementing methods of model informed drug development.
- Provide scientifically rigorous statistical input into project development plans, regulatory submissions and questions, interpretation of statistical results, study design, statistical analysis plans and scientific and commercialization projects.
- Be accountable for study level and submission level statistical deliverables on assigned projects, including timeliness and quality of deliverables according to project plans.
- Develop effective collaborations with others within clinical teams, partner lines and external regulatory, industry, professional and academic organizations.
- Ensure that all study and project level statistical activities are conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and Pfizer standards.
- Provide planning, delivery and communication of statistical analyses, data presentations, and scientific reports, including clinical trial results, exploratory and meta-analysis results, modelling and simulation in support of various activities, support for publications, scientific presentations, and support to product defence.
- Participate in research on statistical methodology and its applications pertinent to the Pfizer business needs.
- Help maintain a strong statistics community at Pfizer through collaborations, scholarship, presentations and learnings across divisions and locations.
Training, Education and Experience Preferred
- Advanced degree in statistics, biostatistics, or related field.
- Capability to provide statistical leadership to cross-functional teams.
- Experience applying statistical methods to the prospective design and analysis of scientific and/or clinical problems.
- Relevant clinical trial and business experience providing an understanding of the processes associated with clinical, regulatory and marketing operations.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.