Executive Support Assistant
We are seeking an Executive Support Assistant to provide administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Digital and Technology and the Director of Communications and Marketing. You will also provide additional administrative support across the senior leadership. If you are inspired by the charity’s mission and have outstanding administration skills, this role could be for you.
Position: Executive Support Assistant
Location: Home based and Swindon
Hours: Full-time 37.5 hours
Salary: £21,000 to £24,000 per annum
Benefits: Flexible Working, Pension, Employee Assistance Programme, Family Time benefits including TOIL, 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays) holiday trading, discounted gym membership, Health Cash Plan or Private Medical, Cycle Scheme, Annual Staff Day, Life Assurance, Tastecard, Childcare Vouchers, Loyalty Awards, Staff Events, Free tea and coffee and free car parking
Closing date: 17 August 2021
Interview date: 26 August 2021
The charity’s mission is to bring the Bible to life around the world, driven by the conviction that when people engage with the Bible their lives can change, for good.
The Executive Support Assistant will:
- Provide support in the prioritisation of the directors’ workload
- Provide administrative support to directors in managing their communications internally and externally, ensuring appropriate and timely responses
- Work as part of the Executive Support team with the Executive PA to the CEO and Executive Support Assistant to the CFO and Director: People and provide additional capacity when needed
As Executive Support Assistant, you will be a competent user of Microsoft packages, particularly Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote and OneDrive with an interest in and willingness to learn other software.
You will have:
- An understanding of Christian spirituality, and feeling comfortable in a working environment where prayer is part of the day-to-day life of the organisation
- Proven experience in providing administrative support for middle or senior managers, including diary management, email triage, organising meetings and taking high-quality minutes
- Some experience in operations or project management
- Some experience of making complex travel arrangements both in the UK and overseas, or a willingness to learn
- A track record in building successful relationships, working sensitively with a variety of stakeholders, and being held in high regard by all
If you have excellent IT skills, an attention to detail, a positive disposition with a flexible ’can-do’ attitude, then we’d love to hear from you. Please provide your CV and a 250-word statement that sets out why you’re the best person for this position.
Commitment - As a Christian organisation, the charity believe you have gifts and abilities that are all your own. So they’re willing to explore how what you have might fit what’s needed.
The checklist – There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. You don't have to tick every box on the job description before you apply!
It's personal - You have a life outside work, and the organisation want you to be able to live it well. So are happy to talk to you about flexible working hours and working from home.
Learn and grow - When you're trained in a new skill, or learn a different perspective, it benefits everyone. The organisation is committed to making it possible for everyone to flourish, with a huge variety of learning resources available.
Celebrating difference - Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of the organisation and it promotes diversity of thought, culture and background. Diversity is valued and this is reflected in the workforce.
Level ground - We want you to bring your best to the application and selection process. If you need any adjustments to be made for that to happen, let us know and we'll be glad to help.
About the Organisation
The organisations mission is to offer the Bible to the world. It is a vision of a world where everyone has access to the Bible and can recognise its value for them, their families and communities. Working for a Christian charity, this is a great opportunity to work for an investor in people gold employer who have won awards for their excellence in investing in people. They are committed to the development of all staff and have fantastic charity-sector benefits to help motivate and retain exceptional people.
The charity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. Applications are welcome from people representing all sections of the community.
You may also have experience in areas such as Executive Assistant, EA, Personal Assistant, PA, PA to the CEO, Executive Assistant to the CEO, PA to the CFO, Executive Assistant to the CFO, Assistant to the CEO, Administrator, Admin Manager, Senior Administrator.