Full Stack Software Engineer (Cloud & Automation)
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work - a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
We're responsible for designing and building internal platforms and services to enable our OTT engineering teams as well as delivering an Automation Centre of Excellence. No matter the device, the time or the place, we make sure that engaging large, diverse audiences with premium entertainment is possible. Our vision is to deliver the world's best entertainment.
"This is a chance to work in a team of skilled engineers building large scale projects and delivering a wide set of solutions for the NOW video and application teams" - Clients Enablement Team Engineering Manager
What you'll do:
- Create and deliver large-scale software engineering tooling, automation and CI frameworks for the NOW video and application teams
- Contribute to the software and infrastructure design of our team's purpose-built Device Automation Lab
- Work with our delivery teams to increase the scope of on-device automation
- Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed and run at scale in the cloud, on-premise and across a wide range of streaming devices
- Actively improve overall software quality whilst also helping fellow team members
What you'll bring:
- Experience with test automation frameworks and how they're engineered
- Good understanding of development best practices such as pair programming, TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Good understanding of/experience with CI tools (Jenkins, Concourse) and testing frameworks
- Industry experience working with Proof-of-Concept projects as well as with AWS or similar cloud technologies, building, deploying and managing virtual resources
- Experience working closely with DevOps and SREs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special. Here are just a few:
- NOW TV premium subscription
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- Generous pension package and private healthcare plan
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access to thousands of LinkedIn Learning and Pluralsight courses
- A permanent, secure contract from the start (no probationary period)
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to support our people as much as we can with flexible working.
Especially during these challenging times, we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. We're currently recruiting through a fully remote interview process and you'll also be able to start work with us remotely. But you'll need to be living in the UK at the time of start and able to work freely in the country.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruiter, Wander Amorim, who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky across social media.
A job you love to talk about
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.