People Development Lead
Lower Thames Crossing Responsibilities
- Ownership of the People Development Workstream Delivery Plan, ensuring it evolves with the requirements of the programme, clearly shows the value it will obtain and how success will be measured. Tracking of progress for the plan to the point of successful delivery.
- Responsible for the onboarding experience of new starters on LTC. Managing and delivering the programme induction, regularly reviewing and improving contents as required. Developing the online New Starter Hub to ensure it is embedded, useful and kept relevant.
- Working with the Head of People Delivery on reviewing and updating the Learning & Development Strategy and implementation plan. Liaising with key stakeholders to assess evolving programme needs and how L&D can support embedding key behavioural capabilities and competencies.
- Delivery of training whenever possible, most effective and appropriate, providing in-house capability to offer development opportunities to the programme team. Responsible for researching/sourcing external providers when required.
- Management of coordination of all training and to ensure training is easy to access and well communicated. This includes the embedment and management of a learning management system for LTC.
- Key priority of embedding programme values and behaviours through onboarding, development and workshop activities. Working closely with other members of the People Team in a joined-up approach.
- Key priority of building a programme of events to develop all line managers on LTC, such as performance management and creating a culture of feedback.
- Working with the Head of People Delivery and the Leadership Team to continue developing the ‘emerging’ leadership of LTC. Through ongoing learning modules but also supporting ‘on the job’ learning tools and talent management.
- Working with the Head of People Delivery and Head of People to support Leadership development and embedding of behavioural role modelling.
- Working with the Head of People Delivery and Leadership Team to instigate consistent succession planning for key roles across the project.
- Responsible for the knowledge transfer approach and system for the integrated client team.
- To work with the rest of the People Team to advise on their initiatives/key activities and how behavioural work can help to embed engagement and change.
- Working closely with the Health, Safety, Security & Wellbeing Team to ensure their training programme is linked with the People Team. Looking for opportunities to work together and ensuring a collaborative planning approach for event diary management.
- Provide guidance to line managers and members of staff on people issues as required, understanding the link between programme policies and home companies, to ensure HR protocols are followed appropriately.
- Building relationships with the HR representatives for all parent companies to work closely on improving performance of the programme team.
- Uses Lean tools to assess everything we do and seeks opportunities for efficiencies and extra value wherever possible.
- To deliver parent company programme governance requirements as required.
- To consider programme legacy and in all decision making in the same way as cost, risk and time.
- To look for ways to encourage innovative thinking around how to improve legacy benefits.
- To hold health, safety, security and wellbeing (HSSW) as a key programme value and to participate in the creation, development and implementation of HSSW strategies by the programme leadership team.
- LTC is committed to promoting an inclusive working environment for all and expects the team to make best use of their skills to create an inclusive culture, free from discrimination or harassment.
- Experience of delivering training to different sized groups and at different hierarchical levels.
- Design and delivery of an L&D strategy based on project or company requirements.
- Experience of working in behavioural development, such as Insights, behavioural science, Myers Briggs etc.
- Demonstrable experience of using ‘tools’ to facilitate team behaviours.
- Track record of delivering training programmes to time, within budget and with clear evidence of achieving set objectives.
- Experience of embedding values/behaviours through training initiatives.
- Experience of coordinating training events, including capturing data and assessing feedback.
- Experience of working on L&D through times of change, supporting the management of change through L&D interventions.
- Experience of line managing others would be a preference but not essential.
- HR advisory experience and knowledge would be a preference but not essential.
- Qualified practitioner in behavioural assessment training (particularly Insights Discovery) would be a preference but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a major infrastructure project in a similar industry and/or to working in a matrix and dispersed team is ideal but not essential.
- Track record of delivering project plans to time, cost and quality.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully working in/adapting the philosophy of a 'One Team' environment.
- Team oriented leader with the ability to work closely with peers; delegate, motivate and empower individuals and teams.
- Examples of exercising sound judgement, leading and facilitating decision making on complex issues among multiple parties.
- To be able to work across diverse stakeholders.
- An engaging and confident trainer with the ability to adapt style to meet different learning needs.
- Inspires and creates a fun learning environment.
- Ability to design and embed industry-leading interventions.
- Ability to manage challenge from others firmly but diplomatically.
- Ability to observe people’s behaviours and support development in self-awareness through coaching and feedback.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and personal resilience to working to strict timelines/different styles of leadership.
- Facilitation skills for workshops would be preferred.