Internal Audit Manager - Operations
Are you enthusiastic about keeping our Bank safe? Do you want to be a key player in minimising risk? Are you up to date with operational policies? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an Internal Audit Manager - Operations, you will provide independent assurance over operational risks for the Bank. As part of your role, you will work with colleagues to make sure that the operational risk management framework is appropriate and the policies and procedures are applied and operationalised consistently to minimize risks and to deliver an amazing customer service, at all times.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the Lead Internal Audit Manager and Internal Audit Director in discharging responsibilities to the Audit committee
• Assisting with development and delivery against a risk-based audit programme
• Scoping and delivering high quality audits over the effectiveness of the Bank’s operational systems
• Developing high quality audit reports to identify gaps and areas for improvements
• Maintaining adequate standards of documentation supporting audit conclusions
• Keeping up-to-date with the industry developments and regulatory changes and assessing impacts on assurance plan
• Contributing to information sharing across specialist sub-set and across wider Audit team
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have strong understanding of the operational risks within UK retail banks and financial institutions
• You will have previous experience in auditing operations systems, operational risk frameworks, policies and procedures
• Naturally, you will have excellent report writing skills
• To be successful in this role, you will have experience in managing risks associated with secured and unsecured lending, regulated and unregulated products, payments, customer care and conduct
• We need you to have good communication and stakeholder management skills
• If you have previous experience in product governance, that would be beneficial, however this is not essential