Model Implementation Manager - Credit Risk
Are you passionate about all things credit risk data? Can you guide and nurture colleagues and help them grow? Do you put the customer at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Model Implementation Manager - Credit Risk, you will support the development, implementation, and effectiveness of our framework for credit risk data, reporting and systems. Sitting at the heart of the Credit Risk team you will work with the broader function through managing model implementation and providing high quality data and reports.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading model implementation work stream by establishing processes for testing and documentation around it
• Supporting the team to design and build model implementation framework, codes and tests
• Leading regular credit risk analysis around model implementation and related regulatory reporting submissions
• Maintaining and providing knowledge of credit risk data items used for risk reporting, modelling, validation and reporting
• Making sure high quality and accuracy of data, codes and reports produced with a keen eye for details, identifying inconsistencies
• Representing and leading work streams to review and remediate model implementation risks and issues
• Supporting the team in defining and establishing a model implementation framework aligned to credit risk data, systems, modelling and reporting strategy
• Promoting and supporting automation and code optimisation, to reduce manual interventions and error
• Overseeing work of other colleagues, providing coaching and feedback on technical aspects
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have knowledge of credit risk with focus on best practices in credit risk data management, reporting and measurement
• It is essential you are experienced in SAS, SQL and VBA
• You need to have knowledge of credit risk models and model implementation
• Ideally, you will have knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements including IRB and IFRS9