Business Intelligence Data Manager
About the Team
BIS is a growing team of 50+ developers, analysts and managers responsible for providing the business with data solutions. Historically an on premise MS SQL Server based tech stack we are now providing cloud based data and analytical tools using Microsoft’s Azure platform
About the Role
Leading a growing team of 7 analysts and developers the support function is responsible for day to day operations and the short term stability of the platform.
Main responsibilities include:
- Availability - platform is accessible and functioning, data is available and up to date, service levels are met Performance - standard metric processes run within target time frame with a defined user load Maintenance - management of patching and software, storage growth, liaising with the infrastructure team on platform stability priorities Incidents - tickets are acknowledged and processed to agreed service levels Quality - data accuracy Security - data masking / anonymisation / access / Right to be Forgotten / DSAR Key Events - business key event management Call Out - rota management
The BIS functions importance to overall business operations has increased greatly over the last few years and the support function needs to move away from a reactive to a proactive approach based on service level principles. Strategies such as the implementation of Data Ops are under consideration but we’re looking for someone to bring experience and ideas to the table so that we get the right solution for Next.
Experience of working with / around data is essential as is a good grasp of business intelligence fundamentals. The successful candidate will be an inspirational leader, calm under pressure, able to balance often competing priorities and have a clear vision of where we need to go and the drive to get us there.
- Technical project / operations management Team / line management Stakeholder management Experience of working with data / databases Knowledge of BI fundamentals
- Experience of MS SQL Server
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!