Facilities Maintenance Team Leader
What is the purpose of this role?
We have a management role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be leading a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical.
HMP Long Lartin - South Littleton, Evesham WR11 8TZ
This will involve weekend work on a rota basis for which we pay a 15% shift allowance
Requires being part of on call rota
What will this role involve?
- Assist in and lead the delivery of a range of facilities services to the prison in line with contractual commitments. Compliance focussed.
- Assist in the day to day running of the Estate managing a team of building engineer (Electricians, Plumbers, Joiners etc), Stores People and Cleaners whilst working with contractors on site.
- Help to maintain standards as set out in the Service Level Agreement.
- Communicate problems and concerns promptly through line management ensuring quick resolution.
- Ensure the health, safety and security of staff, contractors, premises, and equipment by encouraging and monitoring best practices at all times.
- Comply with all Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Undertake role in a professional and safe manner at all times.
- Carry out team briefings.
- Check and sign timesheets in accordance with procedures.
- Provides support for the safe and efficient operation of the premises.
- Ensure all requirements are met through liaising with HMPS management to receive and manage expectations.
What are we looking for?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview and prison security clearance will be required.
- Previous experience of working within the Facilities/Estate management arena.
- Must be technically qualified. Level 3 trade qualification minimum.
- Facilities Management qualifications are advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- IT Literate.
- Must have experience in CAFM, IT, Customer service.
- FM knowledge.
- Team management, working on own initiative, understand deadlines and priority.
- Understand compliance and legislation.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Management of engineers, dealing with customer and client.
- Team player.
- Good at developing strong working relationships with on-site client and employees
- Good communication skills.
What makes this role unique?
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business. This is an excellent opportunity to progress in your Facilities Management career.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.