Decarbonisation Manager - Flexible Working Available
Challenging the Status Quo
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is intent on improving social, economic and environmental wellbeing in the communities where we work
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Construction business for an ambitious and talented Decarbonisation Manager.
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated professionals.
We are looking for a Decarbonisation Manager to support our Decarbonising Communities, Improving the Environment and Social Value strategies. The role will play a pivotal role in the reduction of carbon from the assets we deliver, supporting our customers’ ambition to reduce their carbon spend by empowering our teams across the business.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a clear ambition to join a team that seeks make a significant and measurable contribution to mitigating the negative environmental impacts of construction activities and enhance the communities where we operate.
The candidate will have extensive experience in the design and delivery of construction projects, and they will have demonstrable, objective knowledge on the climate change and ecological impacts of the built environment including mitigation pathways, with an appetite to further improve their knowledge by learning from internal and external stakeholders. They will provide examples where they were able to innovate and initiate sustainability-related change in a business or personal setting.
We are seeking a driven, delivery-focused individual who can overcome barriers to embed real change within the business, while also being able to see the bigger picture and being agile to evolving priorities.
If you are an individual who enjoys being part of a value-driven team, can support others and lead from the front when required, and if you are motivated by an ambition to do things better for the benefit of all of our stakeholders and future generations, then please apply.
As Decarbonisation Manager you will make a valuable contribution to the Social Value and Sustainability team by:
- Helping and empowering our teams to re-engineer the design and build process to reduce whole life carbon
- Contributing to the evolution and embedment of our in-house carbon assessment tool
- Evidencing, measuring and reporting against our decarbonisation strategy
- Conducting necessary research and analysis into market trends with regards carbon and innovative products
- Seeking and sharing relevant knowledge and best practice
- Contributing to the integration of carbon assessment with the business’s digital evolution
- Stress testing and helping to shape the business’s position on MMC, retrofit, smart buildings, POE, circular economy, nature-based solutions and AI
- Contributing to the development of tools and training programmes that will upskill our workforce
- Supporting engagements with supply chain that improve the business’s opportunity to reduce carbon
- Contributing to the alignment of carbon assessment with whole life cost analysis
You will be educated to GCSE level or equivalent and be highly competent in MS suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint). You will possess a comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of embodied carbon, the UKGBC net zero framework, RICS whole life carbon methodology and design management processes. You will also have a Full UK driving licence.
About the Team:
We are driving the sustainability and social value performance of the Morgan Sindall Construction business and helping to shape the Morgan Sindall Group Strategy. We love what we do and hope that we have created an inclusive and creative working environment where we are all heard and everyone’s ideas are valued.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.