Test Analyst - Product Systems, Reiss
About the team
We in Product Systems are responsible for every single item that is on sale in our stores and available on our website, our suite of bespoke applications allow us to support our stakeholders from beginning to end of an item’s life.
If you pop into one of our stores, you will see a wide range of clothes and products but have you ever thought about; how they were made, how they got there and how we have so many colours, fits and sizes of each item? Well of course the real answer is because we have market leading people who; design, source, manufacture, test and dress our items but to support them in doing this is our Product System applications.
We have applications that support our; Buyers, Merchandisers, Designers, Technologists and Product Coordinators to ensure that our items get from an idea in someone’s head right the way through to our customers hands.
We never standstill, we are constantly looking to evolve our technology, our applications and the services we offer our stakeholders. We really are a group of crazy people who love technology, pushing boundaries and answering the what-ifs!
About the role
Working with us would mean exposure to new technologies and ways of working, getting involved in forcing through change and ultimately providing our customers with a better service. Like all departments, we too have challenges with some legacy applications and ‘older’ code languages but who doesn’t love a good challenge?
We can promise you a fast paced environment that is never dull and the freedom and support to express yourself to come up with new initiatives. If you want to suggest a new way of working, an improvement to an application or try a new technology…go for it!
So what does a Product Systems Test Analyst do?
- Work in Scrum teams and provide quality assurance on Agile development projects throughout the SDLC
- Attend and contribute in Scrum ceremonies, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Refinement and Sprint Reviews
- Analyse requirements and design documentation
- Create Test Plans and evolve strategies whilst designing and developing manual and automated tests
- Perform integration, functional and performance testing where required
- Create test scope, scripts and execution
- Work with development teams to identify defects and bugs from identification through to re-test and closure
- Provide peer reviews
- Maintenance of automation Regression suite
- Work with a team of experienced Test Analysts to provide ongoing process improvements and mentor other team members
We run a lean operation in a quick paced environment, so we need our people to be able to work efficiently, accurately and well under pressure. We are always working on projects but of course Incidents and Requests too, so our team must be excellent at working both as part of a team and independently.
We love change here at Next, particularly improving the service we offer, our team trail blaze new initiatives and are driven to make ideas a reality. A good sense of humour and being open to comradery is a must, yes we take our work very seriously, but there is nothing wrong with telling a good joke along the way.
- Expert knowledge of the SDLC, best practices, procedures and principles of testing
- Proven track record and experience setting up test automation frameworks
- Creation of scalable test solutions through the identification, implementation and maintenance of test automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge and experience of functional software testing methodologies (Unit, Integration, System and Acceptance)
- Knowledge and extensive experience with a variety of automation frameworks and use of CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps
- Experienced and proficient working with Databases and SQL
- Experienced in manual and automated test activities such as Test Plans, Test Case, Test Execution and Defect Management
- Strong understanding of both web and client-based solutions, database infrastructures, ETL, cloud and web services
- Extensive experience with automated UI web browsers
- Strong experience testing APIs using tools such as SOAP UI, Postman, jMeter
Who you are:
- ISTQB Foundation professional
- significant software testing experience, including automated testing tools
- Strong understanding of technical testing and best practices
- Experience of working in an agile teams and work closely and effectively with developers
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to work as a team
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence, challenge and negotiate
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities, and projects in a demanding environment
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!