Preconstruction Project Manager
Due to a strong pipeline of potential opportunity Willmott Dixon is currently seeking to expand their preconstruction team and recruit a Preconstruction Project Manager to manage the preconstruction process. This will support our preconstruction team in our Midlands construction business, focussing on our activity in East Midlands and South Yorkshire. You will work in an agile way depending on the demands of the role working from our Nottingham office, home and attending customer meetings.
Reporting to the Preconstruction Manager, the successful candidate will demonstrate true leadership and manage both internal and external resources to deliver successful bids, on time, within budget and to the highest quality, ensuring our customers' expectations are met and, wherever possible, exceeded.
With a proven track record of successful projects, you will be responsible for leading single and two-stage tenders for projects ranging in value from £5m to £45m across a range of sectors, including Education, Leisure, Commercial, Blue Light and Health. At Willmott Dixon we operate through several frameworks, allowing for a greater probability of seeing your hard work come to life.
As a Preconstruction Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Motivating and leading a bid team that includes both internal (estimators, design professionals, MEP professionals and planners) and often external (supply chain and consultants) resource
- Coordinating inception workshops with our customers and use your proven listening skills to ensure we truly understand our customers 'Why', gaining vital information that will enable your bid team to go the extra mile
- Managing the customers' expectations through informal and formal 'health checks', adopting a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations
- Developing and incorporating project strategies to achieve the company's sustainability objectives
- Ensuring regular monitoring and reporting on progress, managing potential risks and opportunities, and instigating pre-emptive and corrective actions as required
- Maintaining continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness, implementing best practice and driving continuous improvement
- Maintaining a 'one team' approach throughout to create a seamless transition from preconstruction to operations
Essential and Desirable Criteria
For this multifaceted role, you will need proven experience of:
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Communication skills
- A technical understanding of complex construction schemes
- Experience of delivering outstanding customer and stakeholder service and management
- A construction related degree
- Experience of working on bids in a variety of construction sectors
What we offer
We support our people to work in an agile and sustainable way, we recognise flexibility is important and we would consider applicants who can work from any of our regional offices 1 to 2 days per week.
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.