Information Security Team Leader
The successful candidate will manage a team of Security Analysts who are responsible for responding to and remediating any security incidents, providing information to aid in the proactive maintenance and improvement of Next’s technical security controls.
You will ensure that the team promptly escalate security incidents and coordinate remediation efforts in order to ensure the incident is managed effectively. This will include ensuring any follow up actions such as improvements to security controls, forensic analysis and incident reports are completed in a timely manner.
This role will also require you to provide day-to-day line management to your team, including mentoring and appraisals. You will also assist the Security Operations Manager in setting seasonal budgets.
The role involves supporting the Incident Response team with out of hours escalation to help ensure our environment is monitored and supported on a 24x7 basis.
- Oversee the day-to-day operational tasks, incident management and projects for the team.
- Ensure security alerts and incidents are responded to and investigated within defined SLA’s.
- Act as incident escalation point and coordinate team activities during security incidents.
- Oversee collection and preservation of forensic evidence.
- Manage the teams projects and work closely with the Security Operations Manager to ensure they meet requirements.
- Continuously assess and improve the teams incident response by working with the Red Team to conduct regular security incident simulations.
- Ensure technical controls meet requirements and work with the Security Engineering team to continuously drive improvements.
- Ensure team are adhering to Information Security policies and standards.
- Create and maintain Security operating procedures for the team.
- Create and maintain regular reporting and KPI’s.
- Carry out performance reviews, mentoring and coaching to help develop the team.
- Assist with management and preparation of budgets.
- Manage team shift and callout rota.
- Solid and demonstrable comprehension of Information Security including malware, emerging threats and attack methods.
- A team player who is hardworking and self-motivated.
- Flexibility to cover unsociable hours and peak periods at short notice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise workloads, and to measure and report on current progress.
- Commercially aware with capability to understand business issues and key events.
- Can work to strict deadlines, remain positive and calm under pressure.
- Adheres to and promotes high standards.
- Relevant and industry recognised Information Security certification.
- Experience with security or compliance standards such as PCI-DSS or ISO27001.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record working in a large corporate environment.
- Understanding and experience of working for a Retail company
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!