Human Resources Advisor
People Advisor / HR Advisor
Duration: 6 months Fixed Term Contract
Location: Flexible depending on home location accessible to one of our office locations - Manchester/Dartford/Nottinghamshire/Midlands based, and covering projects regionally / nationally as required.
Delivering certainty through the power of experience.
What is the role?
Ensuring that we put the customer at the heart of everything we do by using our customer knowledge, insight and experience to deliver what is best for the business and ultimately drive success - this role will perform as part of an operational People team resource pool responsible for:
- Comprehensive and professional advice on all People issues to a variety of stakeholders
- Supporting and upskilling managers in ensuring a positive employee experience for all
- Managing all aspects of employee relations issues from inception to resolution
- Driving a high-performance culture, guidance on proactive performance management and feedback culture by upskilling of managers
- Driving full and consistent use of HR technology to ensure robust analysis of data
What do we look for?
- Ideally you will have achieved or are working towards CIPD Level 5
- Hands on HR generalist experience - particularly case management
- Expertise in Employment Law
- Systems thinking - comprehensive understanding of HR systems, policies and processes, and their impact on the business
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain and encourage hardworking people. At Laing O'Rourke, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to be a great place to work. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe excellence is possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team.
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email