System Test Analyst
Working within the Online QA team, as a System Test Analyst you will be responsible for the testing of new developments online, updates to backend systems and online production applications. You will ensure that all aspects of these developments are working effectively and that they meet requirements and continue to exceed customer and business expectations.
About the Role
- Devise testing plans based on requirements including regression test plans where required.
- Manage progress against these plans, escalating resource or prioritisation conflicts where appropriate.
- Record test results and outputs in a concise manner so that issues found can be escalated appropriately.
- Liaising across departments to ensure any errors found get reported and fixed in a timely manner.
- Working within a project team using Agile as a methodology.
- Attend all project meetings where QA representation is required.
- Proven previous experience of testing web sites and systems including cross browser testing and device testing.
- Strong technical proficiency (experience in bug tracking software, services).
- Experience in using TFS (Desirable)
- Experience of working on Agile projects
- Must be able to effectively communicate the status of defects and issues to a range of stakeholders including Senior Management.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficient in Google sheets
- Highly motivated and hardworking with a professional attitude who is able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of SQL queries (Desirable)
- Ability to interrogate XML’s (Desirable)
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!