Head of Retention
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We're on a mission to transform the retention and value of NOW's customer base. . This role has overall responsibility for our retention strategy and performance, operating in an exciting place where customer experience, commercial planning and execution intersect.
What you'll do:
- Devise the strategy, collaboratively set the annual/quarterly targets with Finance & Trading - and deliver results-oriented plans to drive sustained improvement in customer retention and value
- Working with your team, as well cross-functionally (and particularly with Product, our Data Teams, Finance and Trading), you will lead the churn strategy for NOW, maximising insight to inform your plans and developing executable plans as well as gaining consensus and securing support from peers and senior partners
- Lead the definition and success of initiatives which change customer behaviour and deliver against commercial critical metrics; ensure initiatives are rigorously planned/measured and appropriately resourced
- Lead the planning and coordination of major proposition changes, customer experience improvements and new product capabilities.
- Challenge overall plans, forecasts and priorities across NOW's full set of critical metrics, influence the product roadmap, marketing & promotional strategy and sales/service experience
- Directly lead a team of 7 that deliver through teams across the business - coaching great collaboration, and high standards of execution.
What you'll bring:
- Commercial acuity - proven track record to plan to and deliver against ambitious KPIs, balancing volume / value priorities and short / long term decisions
- Highly analytical - able to incisively identify the key issues and opportunities, steering analysts in the team to uncover the most valuable insights from large amounts of data
- Collaboration - track record of delivering strategic initiatives through a broad cross-section of teams across a matrix organisation, skilfully harnessing the expertise of others to maximise impact
- Strategic - Can demonstrate the ability to proactively define immediate and long-term strategic plans, using insight and prioritisation - and with a track record for establishing key relationships
- Persuading & influencing - adept at identifying the enablers of success for your plans; able to secure the support / resources you need and influence the outcome of other team's plans
- Leadership - an experienced people leader - able to steer, coach and develop a happy and engaged team, both directly and indirectly (also sitting on the management team for a department of 50+ people)
At Now we approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we're bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We're positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive - always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We're the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.