Group Head of Documentaries
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.What you'll do:
- Responsible for extending and deepening Sky Studio's documentary strategy in Germany, Italy and the UK/Eire beyond our existing production company portfolio.
- Originate new relationships with third-party producers, content creators and talent, to help Sky Studios supply the very best documentary projects to Sky's platforms, and to our associate platforms at NBCU.
- Deepen Sky Studios' commercial and editorial involvement with documentary projects to build value for the company.
- Work closely with the factual commissioning teams at Sky Germany, Sky Italy and Sky UK/Eire, and will work with them to identify content opportunities for Sky Studios, and help pitch projects to Sky platforms and beyond.
- Responsible for delivering Sky Studios documentary projects to Sky platforms and to Sky's distribution partner, NBCU Global Distribution, and will ensure that the films and series meet Sky Studios' editorial standards and expectations.
- You'll likely have not less than eight years' experience in high-end documentary distribution, production and/or co-production across features or series.
- Experience in pulling together high-end doc projects for either broadcast or theatrical release.
- Established relationships with documentary makers in Europe and the USA, and be familiar with the festival circuit.
- Be able to work independently and in an entrepreneurial manner, and demonstrate negotiation and client management skills.
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences