An exciting opportunity to support Assistant Project Managers in the successful delivery of projects and track progress ensuring the projects are delivered in line with contractual requirements.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
What will this role involve?
- Co-ordinating project meetings; recording and following-up resulting actions and amending project logs.
- Conducting post implementation reviews and audits in pursuit of continuous improvement
- Negotiating with and positively influencing customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Acting decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the agreed programme.
- Maximising operating efficiency, reducing waste, maximising margins and implementing agreed changes when opportunities arise.
- Managing the production and storage of project documentation in order to effectively document, manage, monitor and report on allocated projects.
- Undertaking any other reasonable task as requested
What do you need to be successful?
- Work as part of a team, both working alongside colleagues and the wider site teams
- Reliable and punctual
- Flexible and approachable
- Good verbal and written communication
- Proactive, conscientious and confident in their approach
- Enthusiastic and act with initiative
- Profession, friendly and a positive can-do attitude
- Experience using MS Outlook
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
You will establish and actively manage client and stakeholder relationships.