Senior Communications Officer
Itero Technologies (www.itero-tech.com)
Borough, London, UK
Part time basis – 4 days a week
Start date: From October 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join a clean technology company, based in London, focussed on the chemical recycling of mixed plastic waste. We are helping to build the circular economy for plastics by sustainably and economically diverting plastic waste from landfill and incineration. Our technology converts non-recyclable plastic waste into valuable petrochemical resources for the production of new plastic products.
We are just about to build our first commercial-scale plant that will process 27,000 tonnes of plastic waste per annum, located in Geleen, the Netherlands. We have an R&D facility in Buckinghamshire, that has provided the valuable data for the development of this plant. his role will be based at our Borough office, as well as home working.
Our clean tech solutions are powered by a group of innovative thinkers, with a shared passion for tackling the most pressing environmental issues. The job would suit a self-starter with a passion for clean technology and the circular economy. You will work with senior management to:
- develop and implement an effective and suitable communications strategy for key stakeholders;
- be responsible for all key content including presentations, press releases, website content, reports, grant applications, speeches, and publications that communicate our activities, products and/or services;
- develop and manage Itero brand identity, design and produce branded collateral across print and digital
- manage PR activities, respond to media inquiries and secure coverage; act as a spokesperson and seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of Itero;
- manage asset creation by third parties, such as videos and photography
You will need to have:
- at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience;
- a proven track record in communications or equivalent experience in a similar role;
- excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience managing multiple digital and social media platforms,
- good time management and organisational skills;
- a keen eye for detail and design;
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
You ideally will have:
- an interest and/or experience in sustainability/circular economy and plastics recycling,
- experience securing media coverage and placing thought leadership pieces across traditional and digital media
- experience in SEO
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including working from home, and compressed or part-time hours. We will also consider applicants for the role on a three days a week basis.
As Communications Manager you can expect:
- Up to £40,000 pro rata DOE;
- 25 days holiday (not including public holidays);
- Flexible working (including working from home);
- Fun & dog friendly office (current location includes gym, cinema and bar);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Potential for international travel.