Senior AWS Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Innovation isn't one single spark, it's a passion for relentless pushing to understand our place in tomorrow's media and it's connection to the audience" - Tom Des Jardins, Director Innovation and AI
What you'll do:
You could work on a migration project from one monolith CRM to another… yawn
You could help invent experiences in: Media, Sports personalization and Discovery!
Join our new team! Build innovative applications using AI/ML to make new products that will be the future of media. We have a number of projects to work that all share the same goal: use AI/ML techniques to improve aspects of media consumption.
The Innovation and AI team's mission is to differentiate the Sky experience by making it more personal, more interactive and more engaging than ever before. You will have an awesome opportunity to join a speedboat environment and enable new ways for our customers to discover and enjoy the amazing content that Sky offers.
Our team ingest huge volumes of streaming data to power personalized experiences for our Sky customers. As a Senior AWS Software Engineer in within AI & Innovation you will be expected to:
* Develop excellent quality software
* Participate in the full software lifecycle, including support and continuous integration
* Contribute to the technical direction of the team
* Provide guidance and mentoring to other developers on the team
* Share and generate new ideas, provide constructive and useful feedback to peers
* Work with internal Sky teams, external vendors and colleagues in Comcast in the US
* Quickly build prototypes and work with top brains in ML across the industry
What you'll bring:
* You are a very confident AWS software developer - this is a must
* Proven ability to refactor and write performant, secure and clean code
* Expertise in working and following the best practices of using AWS Lambda functions
* Existing experience with either TypeScript or Python, with a desire to learn additional languages in the future
* Experience in other AWS services used frequently in serverless applications, including DynamoDB, API Gateway and Athena
* Restless attitude and a drive to always make things better and quicker
* Passion for technology and a fast pace of delivery
* Experience working with CI/CD in a scrum team
* You already have an AWS certification (don't worry if you don't - we'll train you and get you certified)
* Experience with the serverless framework
* Experience working with AWS step functions
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.