Are you looking for a care position that develops your skills and challenges you to be the best you can be?
We are looking for driven and enthusiastic Support Workers to join the team on a full-time basis. No experience is required!
Position: Support Worker
Salary: £17,495 - £19,568 per annum (£8.91 - £10.14 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 per week, full time
Closing Date: Thursday 30 September 2021
About the role of Support Worker:
Ashland Road West is a registered care home that provides person-centred care to ten service users with moderate to profound learning disabilities, physical disabilities, communication needs and complex healthcare related requirements.
We require two caring and enthusiastic Support Workers to join the family of expert colleagues to support service users to live a fulfilling and meaningful life every day.
This role carries responsibilities such as:
- Administrating medication.
- Co-ordinating shifts, monitoring and managing the colleagues’ Rota.
- Providing emotional and physical support
- High levels of personal care (including washing, bathing, dressing and feeding service users)
- Assisting service users with domestic tasks such as cooking.
As a Support Worker you will be a great team player who is keen to learn with a ‘can do’ attitude. You must be willing to learn and demonstrate excellent personal values to succeed in this role.
Please note that due to the needs of the individuals, there may be an element of moving and handling involved in the role; as such, you will need to be willing and able to undertake these duties. On occasion, you will be required to support day trips out, health appointments, sickness, and emergency cover situations. Where possible they will plan to ensure you have a great work/life balance.
All successful candidates will be required to take a numerical and literacy test prior to the interview.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Opportunities to join several networking and support groups e.g. LGBT+ Ally, Ethnic Minority Network, become a diverse champion etc.
- Support to achieve Health & Social Care Diploma
- Automatic pay increments every April following successful completion of probationary period
- Opportunities to attend colleague social events.
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available
The Small Print: Previous Applicants need not to apply.
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role and to have the mandatory COVID Vaccinations.
“We are a fantastic team, and our service users are brilliant. It feels like a family atmosphere at Ashland Road West” – Current colleague
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided, we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.