What is the purpose of this role?
- All aspects of electrical installation and maintenance works. Undertake emergency call out and standby when required.
What are the details of this role?
- Based at Tingley Depot, Leeds (WF3 1SW)
- 5 x 8hr shifts mon / Fri
- Predominantly day shift (07:00 / 15:00) with night shift work as when business needs require.
- Overtime: The role will require a reasonable amount of overtime, as & when business needs require.
- Stand-by / Call out: The role will require participation in an out of hours call-out rota.
What will this role involve?
- Install, maintain & repair street lighting equipment as well as depots & garages to BS7671 standards
- Carry out electrical inspection & testing on all the above to BS7671 standards.
- Diagnose & replace faulty components
- Collect data, test results & add to a data base as required.
- Experience in reactive & planned electrical works.
- Able to work independently & use initiative.
What are we looking for?
- Formal electrical qualifications - Required
- Street lighting qualifications - Desirable
- 2391 Inspection & testing.
- 18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations (Requirements for Electrical Installations)
- ECS Card
- Full Driving licence
- IPAF (Desirable)
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.